Pick Your Team Warriors v Panthers - Round 11, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

And here we gooo! Love watching this thread 🤣 Will be interesting to see what headscratchers the forum whanau come up with this week and what saviour will come in to make all the difference - so far we've pinned our hopes on Bunty and Pompey - what a time to be alive!

As I said last week, it truly doesn't matter who runs out this week, we getting pumped against the Panthers. As other posters have mentioned, I think there are bigger issues behind the scenes at the club which I daresay will continue even when we get some key players return from injury

We look devoid of ideas and creativity, have no mongrel and size to us, slow ASF and decrepid. Didn't think I would be saying poorly coached either.

I just want to see RTS return at FB when he is fit.
I've got a good one for ya!

1 C N Klokstad
2 D W Zelezniak
3 A Leiataua
4 A Pompey
5 E Kosi
6 T Tuaupiki
7 T M Martin
8 A F Blake
9 W Egan
10 M Barnett
11 J Ford
12 J Laban
13 D Walker

14 P Roache
15 Z Zyon Maiu’u
16 J Tavaga
17 T Ale

18 T Harris

1 DNK
2 Pomps
3 Ali
4 Berry
5 DWZ
6 Tuiapiki
7 CHT
8 AFB
9 Egan
10 Barnett
11 Ford
12 Laban
13 Ale

14 Walker
15 Tevaga
16 Afoa
17 Harris

But no way in hell this is the team because we won the last 60!!!!!

MrFrankWhite MrFrankWhite Surprised you had TMM and Montoya there!
fans blame different people. Between the soft middles and strange attitudes I’m laying the blame at Tohus feet. He gets a rest to get his head and body right, the others get another chance.

I’d be making CNK Captain as well.

They’re beatable without Cleary

Nicoll-Klokstad
Graham-Taufa
Leiataua
Berry
Watene-zelezniak
Tauapiki
Johnson
Fonua-Blake
Egan
Ale
Ford
Laban
Barnett

Walker
Harris
Zyon Maiu’u
Lussick

Hello darkness my old friend - I've come to to talk about mass changes in the 17 again 🥴

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Leiataua
4. Pompey
5. MGT
6. Walker
7. TMM
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Afoa
11. Ford
12. Laban
13. Ale

14. Tuaupiki
15. Barnett
16. Zyon Maiu’u
17. Harris

Kosi should go back to cup and put on some beef - have more chance being kept in the squad as an impact prop than playing wing ever again. Otherwise feel his days as a Warrior are nearly over.

Still not convinced on Berry - his defence just hasn't been up to scratch lately.

Walker starts for his defence. TT to come on for him after 25-30mins giving us an injection of speed and spark that we desperately need. Walker comes back in for Egan when he needs a spell. Otherwise good utility on the bench for rest of the game.

Barnett for second row impact, comes on for Laban.
Harris to come in for Ale in the second and fourth quarters of the game. Two 20-25 minute spells. Poor tohu looks worn out eh, like father time has well and truly caught up with him. His endurance is shot. Ale after a rest goes back in at prop.

Zyon Maiu’u and Ale our propping rotations. To make this work Ale plays a lot more minutes which I'm more than happy to see. Be interesting to see how he handles it. His showings with limited minutes warrants it.

Last edited:
Well back to watching individual kids growing now lol, we had the boy wonder to keep us entertained in 2021-2022

Thought Ale was a beast dude even has a fine tuned AFB step!

Jazz brought back energy, Walker was fine. Add Zyon Maiu’u and our bench is back to full power

It was quite funny watching people calling for Monty’s head and look what happened 😂

Does Taine kick? Otherwise try Pompey for 5th tackle punts, TMM and Walker will just kick it like Black Ferns

All the depth for halves and TMM the only one left standing, again people calling for his head, the rest of the halves just proven to be made of chocolate, SJ needed help from his second rowers, way too much physical contact, Marata needs to be aiming to be second row, Ale or Zyon Maiu’u are capable of filling his bench spot

Anyway to work RTS into a 14? Like Walsh for us at the start? Otherwise he will probably end up on the wing or FB now

Slept on it and I think it's time for SJ to rest even if he can needle up and keep going. Rest that Achilles, rest that pec/shoulder. Rest the mind.

Rest Tohu. Rest Egan. Walker to 13 and Captain.

Give Lussick some match fitness. Ale to 13 when Lussick rests and Walker to 9.

Give some of the young boys a go. 0-4. There isn't much to lose against a very good Penrith side. Then bye week and have a look at what to do again.

Reactions: CWC
Slept on it and I think it's time for SJ to rest even if he can needle up and keep going. Rest that Achilles, rest that pec/shoulder. Rest the mind.

Rest Tohu. Rest Egan. Walker to 13 and Captain.

Give Lussick some match fitness. Ale to 13 when Lussick rests and Walker to 9.

Give some of the young boys a go. 0-4. There isn't much to lose against a very good Penrith side. Then bye week and have a look at what to do again.
Walker may be injured too. Came off when Lussick came back on. I doubt Lussick plays this week with that head knock either, he was out cold.

No resting players, that's what the bye is for.

Walker may be injured too. Came off when Lussick came back on. I doubt Lussick plays this week with that head knock either, he was out cold.

No resting players, that's what the bye is for.
The resting is two fold, rest and give a reason to play the young boys. However, if there are injuries we have no choice.

The resting is two fold, rest and give a reason to play the young boys. However, if there are injuries we have no choice.
Resting people just because is a defeatist attitude. Regardless of opponent, it is an opportunity for 2 points. Put the best available team on the park, always.

losing is a defeatist attitude. We’ve played our “best” last 4 weeks and lost. Winning is what matters. Not virtue signaling
No shit sherlock. Resting players just because isn't going to give us our best chance of winning. Not sure what I said that was virtue signaling

But sure lets rest our best (at the moment only) hooker and one of our best forwards 'just because'

Last edited:
No shit sherlock. Resting players just because isn't going to give us our best chance of winning. Not sure what I said that was virtue signaling

But sure lets rest our best (at the moment only) hooker and one of our best forwards 'just because'
If we had rested players week 1 of the last 4 and won any of other the other 3, we would be in a better position than we are now.

People forget Tuapiki played for NZ A’s @ #6 and is capable of kicking

The injection of new blood should help

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Leiataua
4. Berry
5. Pompey
6. Tuapiki
7. TMM
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Afoa
11. Barnett
12. Laban
13. Tohu

14. Ale
15. Ford
16. Walker
17. Jazz

SJ didn't train with the team for a month. Isn't that time for rest? Is 70% for a month good or is 0% for 2 weeks and 100% for 10 weeks after better?

The "best" isn't working, so maybe what we perceive as the best isn't the best. Or maybe the best are playing injured and so aren't the best (Capewell).

Back