12. Barnett
13. Walker

14. CHT
15. Ale
16. Tevaga
17. Niukore

18. Laban
I’ve got CHT at 6….

Funny how everyone wanted Montoya dropped a couple of weeks ago because he was useless got their wishes.
Now selecting him in the team.
Makes you think you are going crazy ay. I don't pay a huge attention to names and just read the post for what it is. I suspect people come out say player x should be in or out and when they are wrong they just don't post about them.

Three Sport saying great news we have four players back from injury.
Niukore, Berry, CHT, Lussick.
Niukore is a no brainer.
Berry might be lucky due to the Ali injury.
I would start with Roach. The way he played on Sunday he could play 80.
CHT would provide great bench cover.
Means you can move players around if injury strikes. Means no room for Lussick for me.

So TMM’s finger is ok to play.

I’d have CHT as his cover in the reserves, won’t have him outright playing 7 and TMM at 6, I can’t remember the last time CHT double pumps someone through a hole.

Hope Roache comes in on gameday, regardless of starting or from the bench after 20. I reckon 1 of Laban or Marata drops out. Ale and Jazz the key energizers for this game

Poor Ali, I doubt it’s a 3 month injury though, early July means he’s likely ok by end of June as Wahs physios are giving ultra conservative timeline all year (just see all the troops suddenly back this week), meaning Ali probably had a routine sprained ankle and won’t be out like the manner he did last year

That right centre position is probably between RTS, Berry and Ali now whoever is healthy, unless they want RTS at fullback when he returns

Dammit hope we don’t revert back to bomb right Berry chase routine again. Would be hilarious to see all the starters getting threatened and play the game of their lives lol

If Taine’s baby was due last week they could probably induce the birth as baby is overdue by a bit depending on the exact due date, yummy placenta I guess

So TMM’s finger is ok to play.

I’d have CHT as his cover in the reserves, won’t have him outright playing 7 and TMM at 6, I can’t remember the last time CHT double pumps someone through a hole.

Hope Roache comes in on gameday, regardless of starting or from the bench after 20. I reckon 1 of Laban or Marata drops out. Ale and Jazz the key energizers for this game

Poor Ali, I doubt it’s a 3 month injury though, early July means he’s likely ok by end of June as Wahs physios are giving ultra conservative timeline all year (just see all the troops suddenly back this week), meaning Ali probably had a routine sprained ankle and won’t be out like the manner he did last year

That right centre position is probably between RTS, Berry and Ali now whoever is healthy, unless they want RTS at fullback when he returns

Dammit hope we don’t revert back to bomb right Berry chase routine again. Would be hilarious to see all the starters getting threatened and play the game of their lives lol

It's interesting, there are bits and pieces dripping out that Webby hasn't been happy with what we were doing.

It would support what a lot of posters believe that the game plan is ok but the execution has been crap.

Some of Barnett's post match words were similar to that degree. Other than more offloading, there wasn't too much difference in game plan for the most part on the weekend.

There are some bloody tough choices coming up - Walker looked one of the best starting 13s over the weekend. If he does the same again in a win we would be mad not to keep him there.

tajhay

💙❤️💚
With Berry back hopefully we dont fall back into the last tackle kick option for Berry and DWZ to just let the winger catch the ball uncontested. Convinced that webster moved away from that tactic with both SJ and Berry out last week. If you wanna do that sure do it every few plays, just not every freaking play.

would like to see this team come game day,

Nicoll-Klokstad
Montoya
Pompey
Graham-Taufa
Watene-zelezniak
Harris-Tavita
Martin
Fonua-Blake
Lussick
Barnett
Laban
Ford
Walker

Roache
Tevaga
Ale
Niukore

Long term I think Metcalf and CHT share the 6, and Martin only a 7 behind SJ, so playing cup if Johnson out as I don’t think they work well together

Reactions: CWC

ToiletDuck

Contributor
Will be interesting to see what happens with the halves and dummy half.

My preference would be Lussick not even in the side, and have CHT and Roache cover 9, but club looks determined to make Lussick into a first grader.

He won't play 80. Whether it's Roache or CHT as the bench hooker will likely depend on the makeup of the halves. Desperate for a win here, so I wouldn't be changing the halves yet again to accommodate CHT there coming back from injury.

All in all - I'd keep the same 1,6,7 as last week and insert Berry for Ali. Bench of CHT, Ale, Jazz, Niukore.

Tuaupiki at FB need his goal kicking
CHT gets a run in Cup to get up to speed, .
Lussick starts with Roache off the Bench.
MCG will get his chance, just not yet.
If Tohu back he starts at Prop,
Bench, Roache, Ale, Jazz, Laban. For me Niukore has been out for too long. Get him game fit with a couple of Cup games. Do the Cup giys plau while FG has Bye?

Tookey 2.0

Contributor
It is a shame, but they have too look after these kids, Laban I thought might get a rest for welfares sake too. But Laban has been playing like he is an NRL regular, the pace of the games have not phased him (the Penrith game was very fast).

Are you able to share a little more of what you're seeing, as so far I haven't seen a heck of a lot.

Of course he's still young and there's plenty of potential there, but for me he's only really doing the basics well, which is what you would expect of any young player.
He's making his tackles, keeping with the pace of the game (mostly) and has minimal errors or penalties.

The first game he came on he looked quite powerful with a few strong runs. The game against the Titans he looked like he was injured and didn't get involved much, and this last game against Penny he looked solid.

But, so far for me there's no exciting play - very few attacking stats and no 'high footy iq' that gets me excited.

This isnt me saying I think he's shit, of even a poor player. Just wondering what I've been missing

Back