Warriors

Kickoff In:

Suncorp Stadium

Sunday
Afternoon
15:50

Panthers

Team Lists

If that's the bar you're setting you may as well tune out now. Personally I'd absolutely take 8th place at this point.

As Gus put it, make the finals 6 out of 10 years, win the prem 1 out of 10. That is what success looks like realistically.
The original poster asked if this season is a write off. The counter was the knights who made the finals last year. If we miraculously make the finals and get bundled out the first week, we have still gone backwards.

Is this season done? Yes. Can some sort of morale and respect be salvaged? Of course.

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
The original poster asked if this season is a write off. The counter was the knights who made the finals last year. If we miraculously make the finals and get bundled out the first week, we have still gone backwards.

Is this season done? Yes. Can some sort of morale and respect be salvaged? Of course.

An easy draw flattered us last year, I always though we would go backwards a bit on the ladder without necessarily going backwards on the field.

After the Sharks I thought we would be 7-8th.

I never expected what we are seeing now though. I thought if nothing else, we would be galvanised. Generally on or above par every week.

Going all in and picking a win - reckon we will more than hold our own in the forwards this week, and I actually like how our backs line up, the big question there is whether TMM can consistently deliver as a main pivot and how pass timing is impacted., yet when compared to running out with half an SJ this line is better defensively imo. Lessgo, we will rise to this.

Unless your point was they won the prem, then it’s your point that’s irrelevant.

Oh well might as well stop the comp now and just play the final between sharks and panthers next weekend

If we're calling the season off at the point we really don't think we'll be taking home the Provan-Summons Trophy, than, yes, probably that's all she wrote. But we could have done this a month ago, most likely.
And we'd be doing that early nearly every damn season.
I don't think it's fair to look at last year's Top 4/Qualifying Final season and - given our inherent problems that Aussie NRL clubs don't have plus, as I've stated, my own opinion that at the start of 2023 and maybe up until July no-body really took us seriously and when they did, you could see cracks in our system - call that our new Baseline Season where reaching that level is Expected and any level below that means We Sucked And So-And-So (And Maybe a Few More So-And-So's) Must Go.
Will be an officially Bad Season if we're not Finals Bound. Okay if we're Bottom 2 (I'm not talking from where we are now, this is how I felt at Season Start). Good if we're Top 6 or Better.

Tookey 2.0

Contributor
Oh well might as well stop the comp now and just play the final between sharks and panthers next weekend

It's funny how so many people are writing us off.

If we beat Cowboys and Dolphins in the next month well be sitting 9th, with most of our injured players having returned and well rested, ready to smash the next 12 or so rounds, including the Origin period where we generally go well.

It ain't over til the fat lady sings.

If we beat Cowboys and Dolphins in the next month well be sitting 9th, with most of our injured players having returned and well rested, ready to smash the next 12 or so rounds, including the Origin period where we generally go well.

And judging how the game results are all over the place this season then anyone in top 8 has a good chance of surprising. Injuries are having a major impact for several, our boys being one of the worst, but get them back and we'd be a totally different team. I'd too take 8th or above and back us to put on a good show.

Beastmode

Contributor

She fat enough?

1715758196309.jpeg

Wrighty

Contributor
Mark me down as a multi check person

I am plus one for the following
1) The season is over - it will be a fluke if we even make the 8 given our current momentum. And right now the Cowboys and Dolphins would both thrash us if they played us. We are not clicking. I don't know why. But we are not. The only team I feel confident against is the Bunnies and would have us as underdogs even against the Tigers. who are a very good side by the way.
2) I am plus one for it would be great to squeeze into 8th so we should try Even if we get bundled out in the first round like the Knights did we can say we finished 4th in 2023 and 8th in 2024 which somewhat like a good club from a recruitment stand point. Plus even if we lose our only playoff match it will be exciting to watch.
3) I am plus one for watching players develop. Can Roger be a strike centre at the elite level. Can Ali force his way into the top 17 like some of us hope he can. How much better will our whole pack do when we get our enforcer back from injury.

The situation is not perfect but plenty to look forward to.

Our season isn't over you twit, we are playing this weekend
I have never called anyone out before on this forum but if you spoke to members in a bar like you speak to them on here you would be guaranteed to get the fuck knocked out with members queuing for a crack.
Maybe half a dozen times or so in the last week I have seen your condescending remarks in reply to a poster.
What is wrong with you.

Furthermore if you carried on like this on the field as a player in one of my games and someone cracked you I would pretend I didn’t see it.

Wrighty

Contributor
I rate us this week.
Decent forward pack.
Exciting backs.
Effective bench.
And I feel we are now on an upwards trajectory.
After falling 22-0 against Rooster we showed spirit to keep it respectable at the end.
I think there is a little bit of confidence we can take away from that match. We won the last 60 minutes of the contest.

14 games left in the season. 9 wins gets us to 31 points and possibly a chance to sneak in to the 8. Assuming a loss this weekend against the Panthers we can only afford 4 more losses. Given our form and injuries and the fact we are starting to see if we can still mathematically make the 8 this early in the season, I'd give us maybe a 10% chance of sneaking. In. There is more chance it will end up being one of those Warrior seasons of the past where we start poorly, go on a run getting everyone's hopes up and then lose games we should win at the end to miss out on the 8

Back