General NSW Cup 2024

I see they have names Zyon Maiu’u in the NSW cup team too so it remains a little ambiguous. Personally I am hoping that Zyon Maiu’u gets his debut as he is a forward and will bring something different to the bench compared with Ale, Laban and CHT.
I would love Zyon Maiu’u to debut, especially in light of signing Fisher-Harris. Zyon Maiu’u may get a bit more pumped and feel like he has opportunities at the Warriors especially with the energy around the club at the moment.

I hope someone has a word in Halasima's ear re his antics on the weekend. Certainly a way to get noticed for all the wrong reasons. I know he's young and a tlent but that was diabolical, especially the head slam.

Was he charged at all?
On the bright side, it’s good to know he’s got a bit of fire in him. Not justifying the violence but a bit of mongrel and passion is important in footy. Now to get him to control it, and redirect it.

Yes, Pompey is named to start with Toby Crosby being promoted from Flegg. Definitely looks like Zyon Maiu’u will debut.
Lots to like in this update and nothing to dislike.

Pleased the Whitebread Union boy from Wellington is climbing the ranks, I really hope he plays, and I am very curious about what position.

Read a post a while back complaining about Toby being used at Prop (can see why, he has some speed and footwork, his highlights scream back row forward).

The thing about Prop is that it is a privileged position in our sport. So being put at prop is not a bad thing, and especially at this club that is desperately searching for Props.

As we all know, Props are the best paid players in the game if they are one of the greats.

Also, as a union convert, prop is a better way to learn league, the defence is front on, which helps kids like Toby not to get drowned by the complexities of being two wide of the middle, protecting a half, expected to have knowledge of Rugby league attacking tactics.

As such, being a prop is protective. The other thing to consider about propping, is that the best forwards in the world (outside of hookers, lets face it, they are forwards in name only, they are halfbacks that can tackle) as I was saying, the best forwards in the world are often Props that can play thirteen or vice versa.

Anywho, can't wait to see where they play young Toby.

The other thing I like about your post is Pompey being named in cup. Coz if he is not playing NRL then I want to see him get road miles.

And come on down Zyon Maiu’u, this is it bro, all you have to do is two things. Hold the ball, and make every tackle. That is it. Nothing else. It is really simple. Yet so many prospects fail when put in the cauldron....two things bro...two...you have just two jobs....go out there and do it....did I mention an NRL debut needs only two things?.....just saying.....

Lots to like in this update and nothing to dislike.

Pleased the Whitebread Union boy from Wellington is climbing the ranks, I really hope he plays, and I am very curious about what position.

Read a post a while back complaining about Toby being used at Prop (can see why, he has some speed and footwork, his highlights scream back row forward).

The thing about Prop is that it is a privileged position in our sport. So being put at prop is not a bad thing, and especially at this club that is desperately searching for Props.

As we all know, Props are the best paid players in the game if they are one of the greats.

Also, as a union convert, prop is a better way to learn league, the defence is front on, which helps kids like Toby not to get drowned by The other thing I like about your post is Pompey being named in cup. Coz if he is not playing NRL then I want to see him get road miles.
Works out well this week with NSW Cup the following day so whoever is 18th man for NRL is unlikely to miss out on a game

Thank you Spence Spence for the tip off. HUGE NEWS. Cometh the hour cometh the man the much awaited NSW Cup debut for Tobias Crosby!!!

Pity the game is not televised. Is it being streamed anywhere. Yes Sup42 he is never ever going to work out at prop but I think it is the best place for him to learn the game at the moment. This will sound weird but not only is he suited to second row but he is suited to be a second row/centre fill in when require. He can genuinely ball play and run through holes. Maybe they are grooming him for lock forward. His dimensions are not ginormous either.
Still his NSW Cup debut is the most heavily anticipated NSW Cup debut I can recall in my time on this forum.
will be great for everyone to see him in a televised game so our forum experts can weigh in on his prospects of whether he has future first grader in him.
Remember he has done well to make it this far.
He came along with 1200 other athletes to open trials. They ran numerous matches that day. Toby scored 3 tries in his trial and was one of about 10 players they chose out of the 1200 that showed up that day. That is 1 % were chosen of who showed up to be a warrior. Unwanted by union selectors because he was not on a team of high standing despite being from a great high school programme and having eyes on him from a young age.
Fingers crossed for him.

You've got to hold fire for another week at least Wrighty Wrighty. The CBA might prevent Pompey & Roache backing up which is a shame
Screenshot_20240420_142241_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Thank you Spence Spence for the tip off. HUGE NEWS. Cometh the hour cometh the man the much awaited NSW Cup debut for Tobias Crosby!!!

Pity the game is not televised. Is it being streamed anywhere. Yes Sup42 he is never ever going to work out at prop but I think it is the best place for him to learn the game at the moment. This will sound weird but not only is he suited to second row but he is suited to be a second row/centre fill in when require. He can genuinely ball play and run through holes. Maybe they are grooming him for lock forward. His dimensions are not ginormous either.
Still his NSW Cup debut is the most heavily anticipated NSW Cup debut I can recall in my time on this forum.
will be great for everyone to see him in a televised game so our forum experts can weigh in on his prospects of whether he has future first grader in him.
Remember he has done well to make it this far.
He came along with 1200 other athletes to open trials. They ran numerous matches that day. Toby scored 3 tries in his trial and was one of about 10 players they chose out of the 1200 that showed up that day. That is 1 % were chosen of who showed up to be a warrior. Unwanted by union selectors because he was not on a team of high standing despite being from a great high school programme and having eyes on him from a young age.
Fingers crossed for him.
Wrighty, granted everyone can put a highlight reel together but struggling to see why your man wasn't picked up by union. Struggling to see why not. Is there something in the background???

Toni Topounuia looks good on attack
Can see why he’s been to more clubs than Dave Dobbyn though… 18-8 kick to come for Fagons. Starting to go off the boil, bench players and young Kali making some poor errors.

18-10 kick successful, Kosi throwing long balls in wet, nearly dropped by Tuaupiki, who is the main kicker in general play today and looks the goods doing it.

Another try to Fagons Taine gets a dud bounce in goal one of the Fegai brothers scores, 18-14 kick to come. Conversion missed by about 120 metres, woeful from sideline though

20 to go, all unraveling for the Wahs. Conceding dumb penalties, half the side put on report and commentators curse on Taine who gave up a 7 tackle restart. One of our players been laid out for a few minutes.