Politics NZ Politics

If any of the shit with Australia escalates, well..
Xi's 21st century multi-polar world order, those guys can plan way ahead of us when they're not hamstrung by these pesky democratic election circus shows every 3 or 4 years.
Should we be afraid?

Xi's 21st century multi-polar world order, those guys can plan way ahead of us when they're not hamstrung by these pesky democratic election circuses.
Should we be afraid?
I've been living in Australia since the start of the year and they are thoroughly planning on likely conflict with China in the near future. Yes

I've been living in Australia since the start of the year and they are thoroughly planning on likely conflict with China in the near future. Yes
Then so should we. US military budget is still the biggest and our only hope. Unless Xi happens to move to take Taiwan on Trump's inauguration day, wtf knows what happens then. Donny admires dictators but he wouldn't sell out his trad allies. ...would he?

So what do we do, suck up to Xi, betray Taiwan and fuck AUKUS so we can be a rich supplier of primary goods to the Asian trading block which is projected to be the wealthiest block by mid century?
Or join AUKUS II with aussie and lose our major markets.
Are we westerners or Asians now?

I say we sit on our new antimony reserves and use it as our bargaining chip for the highest bidder, they need it more than we need them.
Unless the red army just comes and takes it by force. Then we're screwed.

Might make a woke sandwich now.

Last edited:
So what do we do, suck up to Xi, betray Taiwan and fuck AUKUS so we can be a rich supplier of primary goods to the Asian trading block which is projected to be the wealthiest block by mid century?

I say we sit on our new antimony reserves and use it as our bargaining chip for the highest bidder, they need it more than we need them.

Might make a sandwich now.
New Zealand can house all the famous Chinese movie stars in large properties like it currently does with the US.. who cares same diff , better food

Might make a sandwich now.
The Chinese military threat is overblown. US propaganda.

China dominate through economic domination. They have no need or desire for war. They are quite happy winning peacefully.

1 - has the potential wokeness of sushi made you avoid it now?
2 - Does that sandwich have avocado on it?

The Chinese military threat is overblown. US propaganda.

China dominate through economic domination. They have no need or desire for war. They are quite happy winning peacefully.
You do not know how wrong you are here 😂

EDIT: For context, without going into too much detail. Current serving NZDF, been working with ADF over here all year.

Last edited:
Trend here:

Govt announces rule change to make water rates 20% cheaper and focus is negative around interest cost.

Govt announces huge investment in prisons and the focus is negative based on a press conference.

Govt announces extension of free lunch - more for cheaper, and the focus is negative about sushi being woke.

Lots of depth to our media… meanwhile the govt is starting to do some good stuff in the real world that’s going to make NZ a better place to live 🎉
Water rates 20% cheaper but the structural changes proposed mean ratings drop that leads to higher interest costs that mean overall much higher costs = bad financial management but it looks good at first glance.

Huge investment in prisons for an amount of extra beds, who knows how many, who knows cost but at best sounds like 800 needs at $2.5M each.
Also committed a fraction of that to stop reoffending.
Maybe we need the extra beds but that cost seems wasteful and I would rather see more put into stopping reoffending but have no idea what that costs so can't really comment. Again seems like bad financial management.

Free lunches is good, agree some of the shit they get now is crap. Give em an egg sandwich and a piece of fruit.
Good work but they made a mess of it by saying they were pulling the policy then leaving it in. But outcome good at end of it all I hope.

Water rates 20% cheaper but the structural changes proposed mean ratings drop that leads to higher interest costs that mean overall much higher costs = bad financial management but it looks good at first glance.
Isn’t saving 20% in water rates but paying an extra 1% in interest a win?

I never was good at maths but I’m a happy rate payer with this bad financial management 🤣

Isn’t saving 20% in water rates but paying an extra 1% in interest a win?

I never was good at maths but I’m a happy rate payer with this bad financial management 🤣
If you are happy paying tens of millions in interest to a foreign lender to drink water vs paying the water provider to invest in infrastructure with rates money then ok. But ur paying either way.

It's dum finance.

The media negativity rolls on about anything the govt does.

Now sandwiches aren’t nutritious enough (more nutritious than food not eaten!)

Yesterday it was aghast at 3000 people making lunches potentially losing their jobs.

Today principle saying a hot meal is so much more enjoyable than a sandwich…

And the woke sushi angle.

The media’s scattergun negative agenda towards a better, cheaper, free system is laughable!

Is democracy healthy in this country when the media’s agenda floods us with more negativity propaganda articles than articles about the policy details?

Now sandwiches aren’t nutritious enough (more nutritious than food not eaten!)

Yesterday it was aghast at 3000 people making lunches potentially losing their jobs.

Today principle saying a hot meal is so much more enjoyable than a sandwich…

And the woke sushi angle.

The media’s scattergun negative agenda towards a better, cheaper, free system is laughable!

Is democracy healthy in this country when the media’s agenda floods us with more negativity propaganda than covering the actual policy details?
Currently having 4.5% of lunches being leftover isn't terrible, not sure that figure will be much different with sandwiches (we will see).

In all seriousness, a hot meal is much more enjoyable than a sandwich.

Woke sushi was a dumb statement that was unneeded by Seymour tbf, just appealing to his base that thinks anything they didn't have back in their day is woke these days.

Woke sushi was a dumb statement that was unneeded by Seymour tbf, just appealing to his base that thinks anything they didn't have back in their day is woke these days.
No sushi when I was young, maybe I was 35 when it appeared here.
I love it, favourite is tofu pocket filled with seaweed. I wear sandals all year round but with socks in winter, gumboots if its wet.
I drive a hilux and have two lap dogs, bulldog x and a pitbull x.
That is a weight off me, I'm woke and proud.

Back