Politics NZ Politics

Complete fantasy. If that was the case philanthropy and charities wouldn't exists. As per a recent study, its not rich parents that determine success, its IQ. Instead of being bitter about capitalism (that's lifted more people from poverty than any other political system) you could benefit from it.

I grew up in a single mother household in NZ. Was running with gangs by 13, out of school and home at 15, to retired from the military at 41, owning property and businesses, with a networth that has 3 commas in it.

Most people are responsible for the positions they find themselves in.
I guess you could have given up at any point and blamed your parents, the system or anything else. Or you could have educated yourself, worked stuff out and worked hard and smart.
It is easy going down the blame path, the path to bitterness and nowhere.
I respect those that do well for themselves.

I guess you could have given up at any point and blamed your parents, the system or anything else. Or you could have educated yourself, worked stuff out and worked hard and smart.
It is easy going down the blame path, the path to bitterness and nowhere.
I respect those that do well for themselves.
Whats funny is my mum is left of centre, greenpeace, anti nuke, vegetarian. But she also preached and taught me critical thinking skills.

If those greedy neo lib bastards at Methanex and Ballance stopped using all our gas there'd be plenty for everyone.

Had to change bottles last night, get a lot less out of one in winter, must be a conspiracy. I feel ripped off.

It is, but we also live on a dynamic planet where temperature and gases levels have changed over billions of years. Do you think that Greta is the right person to explain to us that levels found in the 1800's were "optimum" for all life on the planet?
Do you think that extracting carbon generating fossil resources that potentially took millions, hundreds of millions of years to accumulate and we rip through them in less than 200 years WON'T have any impact on our climate? Won't enshroud the planet with greenhouse gases?

Up the wahs.

Well, you mean the rich get richer and don't give a fuck about anyone else.
I think you will find rich people may feel more secure in their social status, self worth, confidence and financial stability, leading to a reduced need for validation from others and prioritise their own values and opinions over external judgments.

You may see this as not giving a fuck about anyone else but maybe they experience, see and know more than the average person about the big pictures in life and just don’t see the world your way… 🧐

Or maybe they are just a pack of self centred c**ts that are actually really stupid and just got lucky 🤷‍♂️

As far I understand, the Onslow battery project generates power, admittedly peak but still a generator.

The CBA for this project was utter crap, it was back in the early 2000s when it was first looked at and still is. Pig, lipstick etc.

A P50 of $16b, so maybe when we get to a P90 if ever, the cost would be at least double and no amount of contingency will cover that off. Plus 20 years for production.

Spend the money on modular nuclear and if that's not possible due to the sook brigade, ramp up Geothermal and Hot Rocks.

As far I understand, the Onslow battery project generates power, admittedly peak but still a generator.

The CBA for this project was utter crap, it was back in the early 2000s when it was first looked at and still is. Pig, lipstick etc.

A P50 of $16b, so maybe when we get to a P90 if ever, the cost would be at least double and no amount of contingency will cover that off. Plus 20 years for production.

Spend the money on modular nuclear and if that's not possible due to the sook brigade, ramp up Geothermal and Hot Rocks.
Let's ignore the EARTHQUAKES eh Rick? Definitely an ideological divide in these here parts.

Damn.. I’m stuck working as it’s been a bumper Mother’s Day. I’m going to have to miss the first half+ of the Warriors.

The personal costs to keep the money go round going…

Let's ignore the EARTHQUAKES eh Rick? Definitely an ideological divide in these here parts.
No we shouldn't ignore earthquakes but there are mitigations. We can't even get to a risk analysis stage due to the hysteria in this country around not only nuclear but any form of progress that may upset the Luddites.

No ideological divide on my part, just looking for solutions to the problems we face rather than bang on about how bad everyone and everything else is.

No we shouldn't ignore earthquakes but there are mitigations. We can't even get to a risk analysis stage due to the hysteria in this country around not only nuclear but any form of progress that may upset the Luddites.

No ideological divide on my part, just looking for solutions to the problems we face rather than bang on about how bad everyone and everything else is.
Stop the profit extraction, renationalise the generators, invest in renewables, build out our infrastructure, invest in rail for freight shipping, provide decent public transport that's reliable and frequent and inexpensive. The list goes on.

But no one even remotely right leaning is interested in that these days.

And you're right, although I know you're referring to my good self, the current government do bang on about how bad everyone and everything else is. They're looking to sell it off. Again.

Stop the profit extraction, renationalise the generators, invest in renewables, build out our infrastructure, invest in rail for freight shipping, provide decent public transport that's reliable and frequent and inexpensive. The list goes on.

But no one even remotely right leaning is interested in that these days.

And you're right, although I know you're referring to my good self, the current government do bang on about how bad everyone and everything else is. They're looking to sell it off. Again.
no, yes, no, yes, yes, yes.

Back