Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

My trades this week is likely:

Cheese to brailey, he’s fantastic for byes
May to other Plath, or Garrick. Plath is a dpp half/mid, that plays 13 in a position I need and looks undervalued. With his 40k price increase this week, there’s an element of risk. Garrick has bottomed in price and has huge upside in a good team.

Walker is another great option.

My trades this week is likely:

Cheese to brailey, he’s fantastic for byes
May to other Plath, or Garrick. Plath is a dpp half/mid, that plays 13 in a position I need and looks undervalued. With his 40k price increase this week, there’s an element of risk. Garrick has bottomed in price and has huge upside in a good team.

Walker is another great option.
I'm only trading May, not sure who to yet.
Garrick may be the best option as his CTR DPP is going to be handy, especially if he's at FB when/if Turbo plays Origin which I'd say would be likely.

I really don't get the hate for having the bye rounds turned on in head to head. It's literally part of fantasy haha. All the leagues I have played in have always had the bye rounds on.
It is part of overall Fantasy sure, not Head to Head. Literally every serious Fantasy H2H league does not play the bye rounds nor count the final round as part of finals due to the usual restings by coaches in the final round.
You look at the default settings for Head to Head leagues and it's set that way for a reason. Not just because.

It is part of overall Fantasy sure, not Head to Head. Literally every serious Fantasy H2H league does not play the bye rounds nor count the final round as part of finals due to the usual restings by coaches in the final round.
You look at the default settings for Head to Head leagues and it's set that way for a reason. Not just because.
It's a cop out not having them on imo but we can agree to disagree 😅

It's a cop out not having them on imo but we can agree to disagree 😅
It's certainly easier but the whole point of H2H is to get the best players (17) available in time for your H2H finals, it's pretty tough to do with the bye rounds on and you have to account for Origin. A lot of the best players play Origin so you end up with a relatively average 17 at the end rather than the best of the best.
Each to their own though, hence why the League settings are customisable to everyone's preferences.

For those weighing up if 993K for Hynes is worth it

Game 1 Warriors 50
Game 2 Dogs 77
Game 3 Tigers 50
Game 4 Raiders 76
Game 6 Rabbits 53
Game 7 Cowboys 89
Game 8 Raiders 116

I will post his Game 9 Break even as soon as the site updates in a few hours

Hynes Round 9 Break Even 28, Projection 80

I’ve owned hynes since round 2, but now there’s the added risk he plays origin as an fyi. He’s very likely. He also has games against the storm, roosters, panthers in the next 4. Buy him knowing he’s likely not going to hit another 100+.

Is Marshall King a good pick up?

1714373698704.png

I was thinking Brailey, but with Hynes that will be 3 sharks players, which seems too much.

BTW, Tigers have 3 Fainus....

Is Marshall King a good pick up?

View attachment 6909

I was thinking Brailey, but with Hynes that will be 3 sharks players, which seems too much.

BTW, Tigers have 3 Fainus....
If Api ends up out for the long term with that back complaint he picked up I'm thinking of going with Marshall-King.

Other than the brain fade sin binning I reckon Samuela is going to get better and better as the season goes on.

I am playing the number one ranked Pricey's Bucket Hats this week who is 8 and 0 compared to my modest 3 and 5

The projection for our match is absolutely hilarious. I am scheduled to be winning the encounter by 200 points going into the final match which again features Cronulla and Hynes is predicted to get 160 points for him and win it.
(Unless I change my mind I have decided not to take Hynes - zigging when everyone else is zagging)

His avg is almost same as Walters which I already have and can't get rid of this week.
To be fair to him he was nursing an injury and played limited minutes to start the season. Your call obviously. I don't know all the puts and takes with your team eg Walters.

To be fair to him he was nursing an injury and played limited minutes to start the season. Your call obviously. I don't know all the puts and takes with your team eg Walters.
Yeah, I have no more trades unless I don't go for Marshall and get the Sharks' Brailey. (edit)Oh, actually, I have enough for Mahoney as well....
I might be looking too far forward, but I almost have a team for Round 13, just missing one half.

Also, how do you know your projection with Buckets, or did you add the scores yourself?

Yeah, I have no more trades unless I don't go for Marshall and get the Sharks' Brailey.
I might be looking too far forward, but I almost have a team for Round 13, just missing one half.

Also, how do you know your projection with Buckets, or did you add the scores yourself?
I paid the $20 for the season pass to the extra statistics.
it gives you the break evens which I find very helpful in whether to sell a player this week or hold on for one more week, and projections for each player. So when I view my match up for the week it automatically predicts who will win. I am projected to lose by twenty points. I can either make some different moves to address that, or I can hope my players over achieve (which is what I hope will happen).

I paid the $20 for the season pass to the extra statistics.
it gives you the break evens which I find very helpful in whether to sell a player this week or hold on for one more week, and projections for each player. So when I view my match up for the week it automatically predicts who will win. I am projected to lose by twenty points. I can either make some different moves to address that, or I can hope my players over achieve (which is what I hope will happen).
Or hynes underachieves by 11.