Social NZWarriors NRLFantasy Competiton 2024

I think my options for last wfb is limited. I need someone who plays round 13 and is cheap. I want to save money to buy Plath or a good mid next week who also plays round 13.

I'm thinking Blake Taffe. I know he's not going to get massive points and it's against Penrith in the wet but I don't see much else unfortunately
Absolutely no to taafe. If you have to buy a shit player for 13, then don’t. There 20 points that round (if that), isn’t worth the trade. You don’t HAVE TO play 13, I’m likely not. It’s 27 rounds.

Absolutely no to taafe. If you have to buy a shit player for 13, then don’t. There 20 points that round (if that), isn’t worth the trade. You don’t HAVE TO play 13, I’m likely not. It’s 27 rounds.
Ah it's mostly for this round that also covers 13.

I will play with 16 this game?

Ah it's mostly for this round that also covers 13.

I will play with 16 this game?
Only starting 13 can play in bye rounds. Bench players don't count.

Talagi & Faalogo have been named to start at fullback for there teams. Weekes and Atkinson are the other 2 options both play 13.

Only starting 13 can play in bye rounds. Bench players don't count.

Talagi & Faalogo have been named to start at fullback for there teams. Weekes and Atkinson are the other 2 options both play 13.
Def pick up Weekes after their bye. Talagi will be an interesting watch.

Why isn't this dude available for me to buy? Dion Teaupa
When do call up rookies get added to the fantasy database?

I did say I wanted someone to play rnd 13 but I think he'll make money

I did say I wanted someone to play rnd 13 but I think he'll make money
I feel I am rolling the dice on him. But time to take some risks. So yes I have taken him.
Dion Teaupu is now available (you have to refresh your browser for him to appear)

Fa'alogo is a gamble he scores tries but doesn't seem to get many points. On the field for 52 minutes and managed 24 points only.
I may reverse that trade tomorrow. His break even is 32 points which is going to be tough for him to score.

I feel I am rolling the dice on him. But time to take some risks. So yes I have taken him.
Dion Teaupu is now available (you have to refresh your browser for him to appear)

Fa'alogo is a gamble he scores tries but doesn't seem to get many points. On the field for 52 minutes and managed 24 points only.
I may reverse that trade tomorrow. His break even is 32 points which is going to be tough for him to score.
He plays fullback instead of wing though. Gets more return meters, defusing bombs and he'll play 80.

He plays fullback instead of wing though. Gets more return meters, defusing bombs and he'll play 80.
He looked dynamic too. Two tries on debut last year in round 27. Last weekend was his 2nd match. I need to roll the dice a bit to get some wins. So he can be my gamble. If he doesn't work will sell him.

He only spent 12 mins at fullback

He only spent 12 mins at fullback
The Casual Athlete dude / expert recommends against Fa'alogo because he will only be around 4-6 games until Papps returns and his break even means he won't make much or could go backwards. He is also a small player 5 foot 9 and 80 kgs when soaking wet.
However he is bigger than Jye Gray who is 5 foot 7. And in his small number of NSW Cup appearances, 3 appearances he has smashed it and averaged 57 points per game. This is appealing.

The Casual Athlete dude / expert recommends against Fa'alogo because he will only be around 4-6 games until Papps returns and his break even means he won't make much or could go backwards. He is also a small player 5 foot 9 and 80 kgs when soaking wet.
However he is bigger than Jye Gray who is 5 foot 7. And in his small number of NSW Cup appearances, 3 appearances he has smashed it and averaged 57 points per game. This is appealing.
I’m saving trades and getting him next week. He’s bigger than trai fuller who’s carving

I’m saving trades and getting him next week. He’s bigger than trai fuller who’s carving
If I had seen more of Fa'alogo in the second half I might be taking him this week. i just didn't get to see enough of him to get comfortable. This is has been a hard call and I think which way people pivot on this will make an impact on our league.

I also don't like his price. $393K for someone with 2 NRL games behind them.

If I had seen more of Fa'alogo in the second half I might be taking him this week. i just didn't get to see enough of him to get comfortable. This is has been a hard call and I think which way people pivot on this will make an impact on our league.

I also don't like his price. $393K for someone with 2 NRL games behind them.
who did you buy

who did you buy
I could have constructed trades to get either
a) Fa'alogo $393K
b) Dominik Young $505K
c) RTS $553K
d) Garrick $588K

With the value and quality of what I had to give up going up accordingly to what option I chose.

I was comparing Fa'alogo against the three other guys rather than viewing him as a cheap cashie, as I am sorry but $393K is nearly $400K and that is simply not a cheap player. So I had to be comfortable Fa'alogo would outscore all those other options. In the end I went RTS as what I had to give up to get Garrick would have been uncomfortable. RTS is a dual players so I preferred him over Young.
The Casual athlete is bigging up Young and says he is a better get than Garrick.
Fa'alogo could kill it but the combination of the following put me off
a) the fact he is 5 foot 9
b) I hardly got to see him as he was injured much of the game on the weekend
c) He only has two NRL games behind him so limited data.

But I very nearly took him when I saw his NSW cup stats. He averages 57 fantasy points in that comp (but only over three games).
I also invested the time to watch his reserve grade highlights package. So I spent many hours thrashing this out.
I could be wrong but you have to go with what you are comfortable with.

I'm just getting Fa'alogo, always a chance they take their time with Papenhuyzen.