User Blog The Riverina Pub - Do Enforcers help you win NRL games?

Blog Topic
  1. Sports
The Enforcer - do they help win NRL games? Is an enforcer what the warriors need?

1715833904315.png

With the Warriors Soft bellied reaction to the Roosters manhandling and giving Shaun our star play maker a chicken wing leading him to be out for 2 matches plenty of discussion that we need an enforcer.

This analysis looks at the impact of having Enforcers in the team vs standings in the ladder.

Please read these Caveats first

This is an entertainment oriented analysis and not designed for an academic journal. The results are preliminary and based on only ten games this season. Any analysis should be taken tentatively until repeatability is established by variations of the study being repeated over multiple years with different parameters and assumptions.

Methodology

Firstly my credentials for this analysis is that I have been a numerical analyst for large companies. So I will try to present these findings with some appropriate cautions.

I had to define what an enforcer was. In the National Hockey League they use penalty minutes so I went with something similar here for this NRL analysis.

Table 1.0 Shows a list of players with greater than 5 penalties who are forwards (excluding hookers) who have been assessed more than 0.6 penalties per 80 minutes of game time.

Without surprise JWH is near the top of this list. There are faults with using this system in that some players who are just ill disciplined like Jackson Ford make the list but for the most part I was comfortable with this method as it was objective rather than me just naming enforcers by memory or impressions of watching them. I only used Forwards as backs aren’t ever enforcers in my history of watching. There were a lot of hookers on the list that I deleted. They must all be agitators but I don’t think they are big enough to be enforcers. There were some notable missing names of this list such as Haumole Olakau'atu bur overall I was happy with it and it was more comprehensive than using sin bin data which was my other option.

Here is Table 1.0 for you to peruse. Results from the 2024 season first 10 games

NameTeam
G
MIN
PEN
SB
Penatiles/80mins
10J. Aloiai​
MAN)​
9​
379​
7​
1​
1.477573​
29S. Hughes​
CBY)​
9​
275​
5​
1​
1.454545​
2J. Hopgood​
PAR)​
9​
553​
9​
0​
1.301989​
29J. Waerea-Hargreaves​
SYD)​
8​
315​
5​
0​
1.269841​
29A. Seyfarth​
WST)​
9​
323​
5​
1​
1.23839​
18F. Molo​
STI)​
9​
394​
6​
1​
1.218274​
29B. Cartwright​
PAR)​
5​
360​
5​
0​
1.111111​
10C. McInnes​
CRO)​
9​
524​
7​
0​
1.068702​
10T. Loiero​
MEL)​
9​
525​
7​
0​
1.066667​
29G. Neame​
NQL)​
10​
384​
5​
0​
1.041667​
10J. Bateman​
WST)​
8​
559​
7​
0​
1.001789​
18A. Crichton​
SYD)​
8​
529​
6​
0​
0.907372​
7V. Kikau​
CBY)​
9​
706​
8​
0​
0.906516​
10R. Cotter​
NQL)​
10​
641​
7​
0​
0.873635​
7J. Ford​
WAR)​
10​
773​
8​
0​
0.827943​
29J. King​
MEL)​
9​
508​
5​
0​
0.787402​
29S. Blore​
MEL)​
7​
516​
5​
0​
0.775194​
29C. Murray​
SOU)​
8​
529​
5​
0​
0.756144​
29B. Nikora​
CRO)​
7​
543​
5​
1​
0.736648​
18D. Lucas​
NEW)​
9​
652​
6​
0​
0.736196​
18T. Wilton​
CRO)​
9​
710​
6​
0​
0.676056​
29V. Radley​
SYD)​
8​
598​
5​
1​
0.668896​
29J. Salmon​
CBY)​
9​
605​
5​
0​
0.661157​
29M. Barnett​
WAR)​
10​
621​
5​
0​
0.644122​
18P. Carrigan​
BRI)​
10​
750​
6​
0​
0.64​
18J. Nanai​
NQL)​
10​
769​
6​
0​
0.624187​
29N. Butcher​
SYD)​
9​
645​
5​
0​
0.620155​
29I. Papali'i​
WST)​
9​
666​
5​
0​
0.600601​

FINDINGS & ANALYSIS

Please review table 2.0 below

NRL STANDINGSEnforcers > 1.2 Penalties/80 minsEnforcers >1.0 Penalties per 80 minsEnforcers>0.6 Penalties per 80 minutes
1​
Sharks
1​
3​
2​
Panthers
3​
Storm
1​
3​
4​
Dolphins
5​
Roosters
1​
1​
4​
6​
Broncos
1​
7​
Raiders
8​
Sea Eagles
1​
1​
1​
9​
Bulldogs
1​
1​
3​
10​
Knights
1​
11​
Dragons
1​
1​
1​
12​
Cowboys
1​
4​
13​
Eels
1​
2​
2​
14​
Warriors
2​
15​
Wests
1​
2​
3​
16​
Titans
17​
Rabbitohs
1​
Count Top 8 teams​
5​
Count Bottom 9 teams​
8​

The following are hypotheses that the data suggests that need further testing to be valid, but as discussed earlier I will present them as tentative findings for entertainment purposes.

Please note small sample sizes

• The top 8 teams did not have more enforcers than the bottom 9 teams. In fact where the threshold was >1.2 and >0.6 the top 8 teams had less enforcers.
  • Of the top 8 teams the three teams with the most enforcers >0.6 threshold were the Storm, Roosters, and Sharks while the Panthers, Dolphins and Raiders appear to follow a different strategy and not have any enforcers (using the definition of enforcers I used for this study).
  • The four teams who did not use any enforcers under all scenarios were, The Panthers ranked 2nd, The Dolphins ranked 4th, The Raiders ranked 7th, the Titans ranked 16th. The coaches of those teams are all arguably elite coaches: Ivan Cleary, Wayne Bennett, Ricky Stuart, Des Hasler.
  • Where the threshold was set at greater than 1.2 penalties per 80 minutes only JWH Roosters and Josh Aloiai Manly showed up as enforcers for the top 8 teams. Other teams like the Storm and Sharks instead used a team approach to enforcement. Rather than having one player with a large amount of penalty minutes they had several players with a lower but still significant amount of penalty minutes. Team toughness and team enforcement rather than one guy riding shot gun.
  • The Warriors had two players who made the grade as enforcers under the lightest threshold at 0.6 penalties per 80 minutes but none of our players exceeded 1.0 or 1,2 penalties per 80 minutes. The Warriors seemed to be neither really using enforcement or making a point of not using it like the four mentioned teams earlier in Point 3 above.
What does this all mean?

Well it presents data that is pretty sketchy given small sample sizes and lack of repeatability at this stage. But it seems to fly in the face of quotes that Jazz has made about how important an enforcer is to stop the team getting pillaged in the ruck. Instead the top 8 teams are no more likely to have enforcers than bottom 9 teams and in some threshold scenarios the top 8 teams appeared less likely to have enforcers.

I think it all means, if it is all true, which it may not be, due the vast number of noted limitations with this study, that getting tougher and getting an enforcer into the side isn’t going to help the Warriors. In fact, improving discipline and getting discipline might be more helpful.

Or given three of the top 8 teams took a team toughness approach with slightly lower penalties per minutes but multiple guys appearing on the list for that team, if the Warriors do want to be a tough team then team toughness seems to be more popular rather than putting into the hands of one enforcer.

Thoughts??? Comments??? Go easy on the study as there are admittedly plenty of problems with it !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Everyone

Million Thank you's to @tajhay for setting up these blogs. I plan to cover off in this blog series:
1) Various Life Rants and Yarns
2) Random Thoughts about Sports
3) Thoughts about Life
4) Whatever else comes to mind

Why did I choose the name of the Blog? The Riverina Pub was a bit of a dive in Hamilton East in the 1970s and 80s and sadly closed before I got old enough to go there. Mothers and Wives shuddered at the name of the den of inequity whenever it was mentioned. One of my life long dreams will never be fulfilled as will never get to set foot in that terrific establishment. But it lives on in the name of this blog.
You are all invited to grab a seat, get a beer and read the blog entries and hopefully respond positively.
Blog Rules:
Rule 1: There will be no disparaging of John Wright in this blog by the visitors. He is to be regarded as the great player he was.
Rule 2: Some of my views may be controversial. Not many, most will be light hearted, if they are controversial especially about sports, roll with the punches and recognise you are in the Riverina and have another beer !!!

So with that, lets take you to the second instalment of the blog...

The Enforcer do they help win NRL games? Is an enforcer what the warriors need?

View attachment 7351

With the Warriors Soft bellied reaction to the Roosters manhandling and giving Shaun our star play maker a chicken wing leading him to be out for 2 matches plenty of discussion that we need an enforcer.

This analysis looks at the impact of having Enforcers in the team vs standings in the ladder.

Please read these Caveats first

This is an entertainment oriented analysis and not designed for an academic journal. The results are preliminary and based on only ten games this season. Any analysis should be taken tentatively until repeatability is established by variations of the study being repeated over multiple years with different parameters and assumptions.

Methodology

Firstly my credentials for this analysis is that I have been a numerical analyst for large companies. So I will try to present these findings with some appropriate cautions.

I had to define what an enforcer was. In the National Hockey League they use penalty minutes so I went with something similar here for this NRL analysis.

Table 1.0 Shows a list of players with greater than 5 penalties who are forwards (excluding hookers) who have been assessed more than 0.6 penalties per 80 minutes of game time.

Without surprise JWH is near the top of this list. There are faults with using this system in that some players who are just ill disciplined like Jackson Ford make the list but for the most part I was comfortable with this method as it was objective rather than me just naming enforcers by memory or impressions of watching them. I only used Forwards as backs aren’t ever enforcers in my history of watching. There were a lot of hookers on the list that I deleted. They must all be agitators but I don’t think they are big enough to be enforcers. There were some notable missing names of this list such as Haumole Olakau'atu bur overall I was happy with it and it was more comprehensive than using sin bin data which was my other option.

Here is Table 1.0 for you to peruse. Results from the 2024 season first 10 games

NameTeam
G
MIN
PEN
SB
Penatiles/80mins
10J. Aloiai​
MAN)​
9​
379​
7​
1​
1.477573​
29S. Hughes​
CBY)​
9​
275​
5​
1​
1.454545​
2J. Hopgood​
PAR)​
9​
553​
9​
0​
1.301989​
29J. Waerea-Hargreaves​
SYD)​
8​
315​
5​
0​
1.269841​
29A. Seyfarth​
WST)​
9​
323​
5​
1​
1.23839​
18F. Molo​
STI)​
9​
394​
6​
1​
1.218274​
29B. Cartwright​
PAR)​
5​
360​
5​
0​
1.111111​
10C. McInnes​
CRO)​
9​
524​
7​
0​
1.068702​
10T. Loiero​
MEL)​
9​
525​
7​
0​
1.066667​
29G. Neame​
NQL)​
10​
384​
5​
0​
1.041667​
10J. Bateman​
WST)​
8​
559​
7​
0​
1.001789​
18A. Crichton​
SYD)​
8​
529​
6​
0​
0.907372​
7V. Kikau​
CBY)​
9​
706​
8​
0​
0.906516​
10R. Cotter​
NQL)​
10​
641​
7​
0​
0.873635​
7J. Ford​
WAR)​
10​
773​
8​
0​
0.827943​
29J. King​
MEL)​
9​
508​
5​
0​
0.787402​
29S. Blore​
MEL)​
7​
516​
5​
0​
0.775194​
29C. Murray​
SOU)​
8​
529​
5​
0​
0.756144​
29B. Nikora​
CRO)​
7​
543​
5​
1​
0.736648​
18D. Lucas​
NEW)​
9​
652​
6​
0​
0.736196​
18T. Wilton​
CRO)​
9​
710​
6​
0​
0.676056​
29V. Radley​
SYD)​
8​
598​
5​
1​
0.668896​
29J. Salmon​
CBY)​
9​
605​
5​
0​
0.661157​
29M. Barnett​
WAR)​
10​
621​
5​
0​
0.644122​
18P. Carrigan​
BRI)​
10​
750​
6​
0​
0.64​
18J. Nanai​
NQL)​
10​
769​
6​
0​
0.624187​
29N. Butcher​
SYD)​
9​
645​
5​
0​
0.620155​
29I. Papali'i​
WST)​
9​
666​
5​
0​
0.600601​

FINDINGS & ANALYSIS

Please review table 2.0 below

NRL STANDINGSEnforcers > 1.2 Penalties/80 minsEnforcers >1.0 Penalties per 80 minsEnforcers>0.6 Penalties per 80 minutes
1​
Sharks
1​
3​
2​
Panthers
3​
Storm
1​
3​
4​
Dolphins
5​
Roosters
1​
1​
4​
6​
Broncos
1​
7​
Raiders
8​
Sea Eagles
1​
1​
1​
9​
Bulldogs
1​
1​
3​
10​
Knights
1​
11​
Dragons
1​
1​
1​
12​
Cowboys
1​
4​
13​
Eels
1​
2​
2​
14​
Warriors
2​
15​
Wests
1​
2​
3​
16​
Titans
17​
Rabbitohs
1​
Count Top 8 teams​
5​
Count Bottom 9 teams​
8​

The following are hypotheses that the data suggests that need further testing to be valid, but as discussed earlier I will present them as tentative findings for entertainment purposes.

Please note small sample sizes

• The top 8 teams did not have more enforcers than the bottom 9 teams. In fact where the threshold was >1.2 and >0.6 the top 8 teams had less enforcers.
  • Of the top 8 teams the three teams with the most enforcers >0.6 threshold were the Storm, Roosters, and Sharks while the Panthers, Dolphins and Raiders appear to follow a different strategy and not have any enforcers (using the definition of enforcers I used for this study).
  • The four teams who did not use any enforcers under all scenarios were, The Panthers ranked 2nd, The Dolphins ranked 4th, The Raiders ranked 7th, the Titans ranked 16th. The coaches of those teams are all arguably elite coaches: Ivan Cleary, Wayne Bennett, Ricky Stuart, Des Hasler.
  • Where the threshold was set at greater than 1.2 penalties per 80 minutes only JWH Roosters and Josh Aloiai Manly showed up as enforcers for the top 8 teams. Other teams like the Storm and Sharks instead used a team approach to enforcement. Rather than having one player with a large amount of penalty minutes they had several players with a lower but still significant amount of penalty minutes. Team toughness and team enforcement rather than one guy riding shot gun.
  • The Warriors had two players who made the grade as enforcers under the lightest threshold at 0.6 penalties per 80 minutes but none of our players exceeded 1.0 or 1,2 penalties per 80 minutes. The Warriors seemed to be neither really using enforcement or making a point of not using it like the four mentioned teams earlier in Point 3 above.
What does this all mean?

Well it presents data that is pretty sketchy given small sample sizes and lack of repeatability at this stage. But it seems to fly in the face of quotes that Jazz has made about how important an enforcer is to stop the team getting pillaged in the ruck. Instead the top 8 teams are no more likely to have enforcers than bottom 9 teams and in some threshold scenarios the top 8 teams appeared less likely to have enforcers.

I think it all means, if it is all true, which it may not be, due the vast number of noted limitations with this study, that getting tougher and getting an enforcer into the side isn’t going to help the Warriors. In fact, improving discipline and getting discipline might be more helpful.

Or given three of the top 8 teams took a team toughness approach with slightly lower penalties per minutes but multiple guys appearing on the list for that team, if the Warriors do want to be a tough team then team toughness seems to be more popular rather than putting into the hands of one enforcer.

Thoughts??? Comments??? Go easy on the study as there are admittedly plenty of problems with it !!!
Extend Mitch Barnett immediately!

I also can't believe Zyon Maiu’u isn't blooded when we have opportunities to? Just look at him!!!!!

J F Harris
M Barnett
Z Zyon Maiu’u

Start there!

Bunty Afoa! FUCK ME DEAD!!!!

Bunty should be getting game time now while we are depleted! Give maiuu and Ale the front running bench spots.

Zyon Maiu’u is the perfect guy to give 16 mins to.

Why Can't Ale start this week over bunty? It's just because bunty is more experienced! But is he way better than Ale? NO FUCKEN WAY!

Last edited:
Being Lazy I and tired today I did not read the brilliant in depth OP properly (I read enough to see it was laid out at an academic level, constructed argument, well paragraphed, academic flow from each paragraph. What I did not do is wade through the Maths).

To the central focus of the Argument "Are enforcers necessary?".

Lets get straight to it and spoiler alert, I say no they are not necessary, they are nice to haves, not need to haves.

But in a competition of inches and Reffs calls, nice to haves are influential all the same, they can be the micro edge you need to win a GF between to super teams that otherwise are inseparable.

So that being so, it sounds like I just sold the enforcer argument right? but let me remind you of the 2002 NRL Grand Final where the Warriors enforcer Villa the Gorilla tipped the final to the Roosters by head butting Freddy Fittler = the Refs punished the Warriors and Villas action brought the Roosters back to life when they were on the rack.

So the answer to the OP is it depends. Like anything worth discussing in life that is a little esoteric and philosophical....it depends on context, it depends of the psychology of sports, and then after all that waffle it depends on the stat stuff the OP has refined this argument to.

I am gonna go for the OP now, with all due respect (love the thread, love the philosophical question, mad respect for the analysis using real data behind it) excuse me bro, but like I said, argument without study or preparation using my brain cells only is where Ï excell so here goes....

Glad you focused on JWH. Taking a subjective dive into his rep in this game and analysis of his reputation as enforcer he has certainly tipped games through enforcement in my opinion.

However, JWH was owned in a WC game Vs England, a Semi final, Sam Burgess made him his bitch, excuse the hyperbole but Sam Burgess gave our top enforcer a bloody good hiding.

Which on the face of it marries up with your argument about enforcers being persuasive in the outcome of Rugby league contests.

However, England lost that game, the decider between two VERY evenly matched sides stacked with enforcers (arguably England had more in their pack, Sam Burgess, George B, Tom B, Ben Westward, James Graham).

The Mongrel effect saw the England pack give our boys a lesson in toughness.

NZ only survived that game with some Dean Whare genius, Sonny Bill resurgence (after Sam the Enforcer Burgess gave him a hiding too) and finally some SJ brilliance exposes big dumb George the enforcer proving class wins out over brute force when games are going try for try in the highest form of the sport.

As such enforcers are great, but they are icing on an already well constructed cake. They are like motivational coaches in the way they can swing momentum, but if you rely on them you will never win the final. The final takes a chess player that can out think intimidation and all the the other psychologically based layers to Rugby league.

Lastly, I grew up in an error of enforcers. When I started playing league, I used to practice and use coat hangers and spear tackles, I was merely copying my heroes in the black and white Jersey.

Anyone here from the Graham Lowe era and before will tell you that enforcers is all we had in NZ against the Kangaroos, and we all grew up being told if you lose the game win the punch up.

And therein lies the crux of the problem of relying on enforcers in your team, any other side can just say in the pre game dressing room fk their enforcers lets attack them.

Ergo Enforcers are nice to have for their inspirational involvement, whereas reliance on them to win you a premiership will not win a GF, because everyone on GF day is ready to play like an Enforcer.
Game evidence where England enforcers destroyed ours*

View: https://youtu.be/ue-6VmliTMg?si=zVqUH-UCrY3mZ_Te

Last edited:

Wrighty

Contributor
Hi sup42 what an amazing response. Learned so much from that. Must be a real burn when leading a GF to have your enforcer get an unecessary penalty. Great examples. I have you down in the camp that enforcers aren't necessary if the whole team is up for the physicallity of the game.

Hi sup42 what an amazing response. Learned so much from that. Must be a real burn when leading a GF to have your enforcer get an unecessary penalty. Great examples. I have you down in the camp that enforcers aren't necessary if the whole team is up for the physicallity of the game.
Rugby league has an ancient culture of intimidation, it is why most NZ players who played it gave it a go.
There is a gladiatorial aspect to the sport. As poorly as it is played here in NZ, the people who play it know it is the closest rugby version of cage fighting that there is.
So in NZ it is a sport played by people who at their heart are looking for badges for being tough.
Well that is its tradition at least.
And that is why NZ teams get destroyed by Australia, because the Aussies play fitness, territory, and the toughness aspect for them is more tied into fitness and resilience than the smash fest we celebrate here.

While we are seeking big body contact they are seeking effective body contact and fast play the balls. The thing is, that their mindset, which is chess, still requires toughness and resilience to deliver.

So I guess the difference between them and us is focus and direction, which are both analytical and coaching domains. They are the thinking mans gladiators and we are the born by blood gladiators in need of a tactical coach.

We are allowed to redefine a more modern definition of enforcer. Or even retire the position and recreate a new contemporary one.

One like

Low penalty count against but when you try any chicken wing shit on our playmaker that would result in a two week Injury..... Then yes time to get penalized in the name of lesson teaching retaliation.

The real value is in hunting as an enforcer pack. Now that has value and is totally applicable in my opinion.

If we have to have something erring close to the traditional enforcer bloke, rather than an Adrian Morley walking penalty. I'd prefer a Steve Matai hit you so hard you stay down and limp off with bruised ribs. That sets an enforceable boundary on that part of the field. And if he gets marched. As a centre we would usually have a spare versatile sub.

But would my quickly drafted points help win a game or games?

Indirectly it can keep your playmaker from getting chicken winged. But yeah let's keep talking it out

Wrighty

Contributor
Rugby league has an ancient culture of intimidation, it is why most NZ players who played it gave it a go.
There is a gladiatorial aspect to the sport. As poorly as it is played here in NZ, the people who play it know it is the closest rugby version of cage fighting that there is.
So in NZ it is a sport played by people who at their heart are looking for badges for being tough.
Well that is its tradition at least.
And that is why NZ teams get destroyed by Australia, because the Aussies play fitness, territory, and the toughness aspect for them is more tied into fitness and resilience than the smash fest we celebrate here.

While we are seeking big body contact they are seeking effective body contact and fast play the balls. The thing is, that their mindset, which is chess, still requires toughness and resilience to deliver.

So I guess the difference between them and us is focus and direction, which are both analytical and coaching domains. They are the thinking mans gladiators and we are the born by blood gladiators in need of a tactical coach.
My exposure is more from playing club rugby. There was something about the way the seasoned players who could take care of themselves and walked and talked. No fear of physical contact and could tackle a bloke full on twice as big. They had a cagey way of handling themselves that avoided any foul play or attempts to injure from the opposition. In lower grades that I played in all those dirty plays we were complaining about on the weekend such as Souali raising knees into the tackler Egan happened every second match. Things are more ferral at club level then top levels. We just had to tackle guys like that without getting his knee in your face. More than anything the contact in the tackles sorted out the niggles. If someone fucked you off you could line him up later in the game and rag doll him. And it was in the rules. The niggle and intimidation policed itself just by how hard we could tackle back. Part of the enforcement or attempt to intimidate my forwards was verbal intimidation but it always backfired so no one really did it often. If you called someone a cunt at the bottom of the ruck well he is going to take you number and smoke you later. But yeah my main point about gladiators was the seasoned guys who had played 20 years senior mens rugby who just looked like russel crowe.

Don’t confuse enforcer with grubs

The two guys you have in your post are grubs

We have Barnnett, Marata and JFH

That’s enough for our pack

AFB, Barnett and Marata I would argue is enough for us also - we need a min of 3 enforcers on the field to back each other

Then Jazz and Walker to sub

Wrighty

Contributor
We are allowed to redefine a more modern definition of enforcer. Or even retire the position and recreate a new contemporary one.

One like

Low penalty count against but when you try any chicken wing shit on our playmaker that would result in a two week Injury..... Then yes time to get penalized in the name of lesson teaching retaliation.

The real value is in hunting as an enforcer pack. Now that has value and is totally applicable in my opinion.

If we have to have something erring close to the traditional enforcer bloke, rather than an Adrian Morley walking penalty. I'd prefer a Steve Matai hit you so hard you stay down and limp off with bruised ribs. That sets an enforceable boundary on that part of the field. And if he gets marched. As a centre we would usually have a spare versatile sub.
I think you should enforce as a pack then no one gets into trouble. We should have just sworn a lot and thrown some hand bags at their guys and created an all in push and shove. Usually that is enough. It bothered the fuck of out of me that we did nothing. And I woke up at 2am in the morning irate that we let them push us around like that.
That is why Kane Evans was great. In that season he played our season was over by round 12 (sound familiar) so when teams took runs at us he drew a line in the sand and by memory sat some guys on their asses with his powerful left jab (some poetic license taken here).

Wrighty

Contributor
Same culture in League.

Guys calling your number in games.

With Rural league you get spectators firing guns on bad days at the grounds and some played a hybrid version of your sport in prison on concrete called crash.

If I am honest, full disclosure, I played league because I was unhappy as a teen and had a bit of a death wish, same death wish lead me to my career choice as a Prison staff member.

I liked league because it was a game for criminals and outlaws and while I was neither I wanted to go out there and smash those kients every weekend to prove a straight kid born in the hood was just hard as all those eggs....true story.

I guess I was looking for acceptance amongst my peers as a Nerd who wanted to hit back at the bullies in the hood in a controlled environment where they couldn't get pay back by stabbing me.
What's your story
We have all night. I am not going anywhere
You were a prison staff member but also wrote academic papers at uni and scored A+'s something doesn't connect here? What is the bridging story. Only if you want to share though.

AFB, Barnett and Marata I would argue is enough for us also - we need a min of 3 enforcers on the field to back each other

Sprinkle Zyon Maiu’u in there and it's pretty scary!

If I'm webby I'm lining up JFH and Zyon Maiu’u as roommates.

Brad Thorn enforced for the All Blacks without giving away penalties.
Which is interesting because he left Rugby League at his prime and was not an enforcer in League.
In League he was just rated as Football tough, not a tough guy. Which goes to point I was making about Aussie League not relying on intimidators to win tests and State of origin games.
Dont get me wrong Brad Thorn was a Star in League.

Wrighty

Contributor

OK. 3 enforcers needed who give away a moderate number of penalties.

Wrighty

Contributor
I guess also it is what brand do you wish to play.

Wrighty

Contributor
Which is interesting because he left Rugby League at his prime and was not an enforcer in League.
In League he was just rated as Football tough, not a tough guy. Which goes to point I was making about Aussie League not relying on intimidators to win tests and State of origin games.
Dont get me wrong Brad Thorn was a Star in League.
The ultimate enforcer was Ian Roberts.