Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I thought he was younger than 19.
He’s actually a few months older than Luke Galvin who is looking like a future superstar.
Not comparing the two at all but he could be ready as early as next year for a debut, Webby has huge wraps on the kid so I’m looking forward to how he progresses.

I thought he was younger than 19.
He’s actually a few months older than Luke Galvin who is looking like a future superstar.
Not comparing the two at all but he could be ready as early as next year for a debut, Webby has huge wraps on the kid so I’m looking forward to how he progresses.
Look at Isaiya Katoa. Spent a year playing Flegg for the panthers in 22 then made his first grade debut for the dolphins at 18 last year and is another future nrl superstar at only 19

Signed until the end of the 2027 season. Nathan off-contract at the end of the 2027 season 👀
Cool on him coming but also has an heir of Walsh about him.

He gets good mentorship (under webby / panthers regime),possible game time when Johnson hangs it up anf the an opportunity to return home when he has a taste and has refined his game away from expectation

Jett Cleary is yet to play Jersey Flegg & one can only imagine that the Panthers won't elevate him up there this season if he isn't sticking around. He also didn't feature in the last 2 rounds of SG Ball so hasn't played since the 16th of March.
If he isn't injured, why wait until 2025 to start at the Warriors??
Nek minute, late inclusion for our Flegg side vs Panthers on Saturday🤞

Walsh is a silly goose though, teenage father creates valid reason to go back and there was a free no.1 jumper to walk into - how convenient.

Ivan is smart, it's an 8 year age gap, Nathan could still be on top of his game at 34 when the brother is 26, he's not going to want him waiting around forever, esp if they are similar players and don't necessarily fit together.

I think there's a good chance we get a second contract out of the young fulla - if he turns out to be good enough. Not saying we’d keep him forever mind

Last edited:
Interesting signing - one would think that has to have Ivan's blessing (which speaks volumes for Webby)...

Soon we'll be "Little Penrith" at the rate we're going. Fish, Egan, Mini Egan, Mini Cleary, Webster...

In a couple of years, we could have a spine 3/4 of which are former Penrith players. Egan, Hansen and Mini Cleary.
Penrose Warriors.
Jet sounds fast💨

First time i have seen him play highlighted.
I do not believe in coaches being responsible for turning around players that have attitude problems, I think it is more likely to fail than succeed.

Only a player can change their attitude, a coach can only support and inspire someone temporarily, which in some cases is enough for the player to find the desire from within (you cannot inspire desire within if it just isn't there, you can only help someone to rediscover what is there) more often than not it is not lasting, because the chronic issues psychologically are often times life long, expecting one mentor to change that is not how real life works.

In real life no one seeks out a therapist and expects to get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars as part of the therapeutic relationship, in real life therapy works because it has no connection to the kinds of dynamics that exist in a footballing relationship.

The players that turn it around, are people who are in a slump, people who are resilient, emotionally intelligent, more mature.

The ones who struggle, tend to be younger, have less road miles in terms of life experience.

The other risk with bringing in someone who is so so is that you get this rotten apple effect, Dylan Walker mentioned that idea in his first preseason, that our club had no rotten apples spoiling the mix.

Webster could not turn Villiame Vailea around, his attitude stunk post a year under Webster.

Nor could our coach change Currans issues.

If it were up to me, I would recommend not chasing this guy. I would say leave him to go find himself, grow up some, and if he then one day came knocking at the Warriors begging for a shot, or just saying hey, can I have a life line, an opportunity, then I would say he gets it, sign him, give him his shot....more importantly work out what his support needs are and start there, with helping him as a person first, footballer second.

Last edited:
Awesome signing. Having seen him play a fair few times, he's a younger, smaller (for now but you can see already that he will bulk up just like Nathan), clone of his brother: same high footy IQ and natural on-field instincts, precise kicking game, fearless (in both attack and defense), always backs up and finds himself around the ball, and looks hyper competitive. You never know how these things will play out of course, but for me, it feels like we've signed a young Nathan, just 8 years later than we should've!

Probably best for the kids to get away from sydney and out of his father and brothers spotlight. Getting out of a comfort zone is always a positive

gonna temper my expectations a bit and give out a conservative prediction but ill say he will probably be Kiwis 7 and maybe captain, Along with winning multiple Dally M's, golden boots, clive churchill medals
Will win 2 medals which will immediately be renamed after him. Screw you, Dally and Clive! And The Golden Jett has a nice ring to it, too, actually! Redesign the NRL Grand Trophy, too, while you're at it!
Oh, yeah, and his Dad and Older Bro will have to present them to him.

Awesome signing. Having seen him play a fair few times, he's a younger, smaller (for now but you can see already that he will bulk up just like Nathan), clone of his brother: same high footy IQ and natural on-field instincts, precise kicking game, fearless (in both attack and defense), always backing up and finds himself around the ball, and looks hyper competitive. You never know how these things will play out of course, but for me, it feels like we've signed a young Nathan, just 8 years later than we should've!
Obviously an interesting signing.
One thing we can be certain of is his breeding and grounding for the game will be exceptional

Does anyone know how regarded and highly ranked jett is? Some post I read from Australia say he's not really done anything and there are way more better younger halves ahead of jett?

Sorry to be a downer.

First time i have seen him play highlighted.
I do not believe in coaches being responsible for turning around players that have attitude problems, I think it is more likely to fail than succeed.

Only a player can change their attitude, a coach can only support and inspire someone temporarily, which in some cases is enough for the player to find the desire from within (you cannot inspire desire within if it just isn't there, you can only help someone to rediscover what is there) more often than not it is not lasting, because the chronic issues psychologically are often times life long, expecting one mentor to change that is not how real life works.

In real life no one seeks out a therapist and expects to get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars as part of the therapeutic relationship, in real life therapy works because it has no connection to kinds of dynamics that exist in a footballing relationship.

The players that turn it around, are people who are in a slump, people who are resilient, emotionally intelligent, more mature.

The ones who struggle, tend to be younger, have less road miles in terms of life experience.

The other risk with bringing in someone who is so so is that you get this rotten apple effect, Dylan Walker mentioned that idea in his first preseason, that our club had no rotten apples spoiling the mix.

Webster could not turn Villiame Vailea around, his attitude stunk post a year under Webster.

Nor could our coach change Currans issues.

If it were up to me, I would recommend not chasing this guy. I would say leave him to go find himself, grow up some, and if he then one day came knocking at the Warriors begging for a shot, or just saying hey, can I have a life line, an opportunity, then I would say he gets it, sign him, give him his shot....more importantly work out what his support needs are and start there, with helping him as a person first, footballer second.
I do wonder if kosi is in this place with Webby rights now?

Awesome signing. Having seen him play a fair few times, he's a younger, smaller (for now but you can see already that he will bulk up just like Nathan), clone of his brother: same high footy IQ and natural on-field instincts, precise kicking game, fearless (in both attack and defense), always backs up and finds himself around the ball, and looks hyper competitive. You never know how these things will play out of course, but for me, it feels like we've signed a young Nathan, just 8 years later than we should've!
At the same age Nathan had a year of first grade under his belt & Australian Schoolboys/Junior Kangaroos on his CV where as Jett is yet to play Jersey Flegg. Have injuries slowed down his development to date?