Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Do you think he'd be a better right centre in place of Berry? Seem to remember him chiming in on the right for some good tries, he'd get more ball from SJ and use his left foot step and natural left to right passing. The whole thing's fucked up.

Yea I've made multiple posts suggesting he is on the wrong side based on:
  • He is a left foot stepper - this would help him beat his man on the outside and feed his wing (Joey Manu on the weekend executed this multiple times to perfection)
  • Because he is a left foot stepper, he is prone to cutting back on the inside when playing on the left - Many posters have commented on literally hearing the defence shouting "left foot, left foot!" - they know it is coming and simply cover the inside.
None of my posts though have covered what you mention which I fully agree with, we are right side dominant and he is supposed to be a weapon, so why would you not put him on the right!!

Toby Crosby looks good. Anyone know his contract status and age. Will he be nrl potential by 2025?

From what I’ve seen of him he looks like a quick, white Tom Ale with aggro.
Not sure what his work rate is and note that he is a little small but is a ball of muscle, will only grow in his IQ around the game and can break the line. Looks like a keeper to me.

Looks like a lot of teams have big decisions to make around their playmakers. Last year the top performing players were the older echelon with the likes of SJ, Reynolds, DCE being the best performing ones, Cleary in a league of his own. This year they’re either struggling with injuries or teams not benefiting from their experience in the likes of DCE, Townsend, Walker of the rabbits. The best performers this year are playmakers with experience in their mid to late 20s like Hughes, Hynes but also young guys really putting their hands up with the likes of Isaiya Katoa, Sam Walker and the likes of Ethan Strange at the raiders. The game looks to be trending away from players on the other side of 30?

Yeah the experiment didn’t work at Centre.
Charnze is been great at the back but Roger proved earlier this year that he is still elite.
Charnze to centre, Roger at the back to spark some attack.
One game isn’t enough to judge anyone on, however based on what RTS delivered at fullback earlier in the season, he certainly didn’t prove he’s an elite fullback. All effort but didn’t offer any attacking x-factor which is a requirement to be an elite fullback. No different from the majority of his career at fullback. Agree entirely with tajhay tajhay & Makasene Makasene posts on this. No way he’s a better fullback than CNK.

As for whether he can succeed at centre, too early to tell & he’s got his work cut out playing outside a very poor half, however at this stage I’m hoping we aren’t paying him too much coin because I’m not thrilled by what I’m seeing.

One game isn’t enough to judge anyone on, however based on what RTS delivered at fullback earlier in the season, he certainly didn’t prove he’s an elite fullback. All effort but didn’t offer any attacking x-factor which is a requirement to be an elite fullback. No different from the majority of his career at fullback. Agree entirely with tajhay tajhay & Makasene Makasene posts on this. No way he’s a better fullback than CNK.

As for whether he can succeed at centre, too early to tell & he’s got his work cut out playing outside a very poor half, however at this stage I’m hoping we aren’t paying him too much coin because I’m not thrilled by what I’m seeing.
Yeah difference of opinion, he was elite imo before he left and like you said he looked quite similar earlier in the year.

In a perfect scenario Roger would be killing it at centre and Charnze will be doing what he does usually having a 8 out 10 game every week.

But that’s not the case, we would be served better having Roger at the back where its been mentioned before he is an individualistic type player where he excels and Charnze playing centre where he has proved he can play at international level.

It's a hard one, the thing is when Roger was playing at FB for the first month most of us here were like, "When Charnz returns he's gonna link up the outside backs and we'll be awesome" and now we're like "We need Roger at the back to do individual side steps and trial Charnz at centre to see if this tried and failed scenario will magically turn around under Webby 2024 version"

But then RTS did score a clutch solo try to win us the game vs Raiders from FB, lol.

I think like others said RTS as the right centre might suit his left to right step better DWZ might not get the sweeping passes but plenty of offloads when the wing jams in or back up if Roger just steps the defender 1 on 1

Charnz can do more stuff on the left, and wouldn't it be better for Roger to be running those Berry lines in the red zone off SJ/halfback than Berry himself? We've seen him getting swamped many times close to the line when the shape/SJ special deserted us this year, but Roger might just find a way to crush his way through

Not sure what his work rate is and note that he is a little small but is a ball of muscle, will only grow in his IQ around the game and can break the line. Looks like a keeper to me.

Crosby has only played a handful of Rugby League games so far, but is an explosive forward with potential. I'm thinking he's a good 2 years of development away from being close to NRL, but would be worth the time and development for sure.

It's a hard one, the thing is when Roger was playing at FB for the first month most of us here were like, "When Charnz returns he's gonna link up the outside backs and we'll be awesome" and now we're like "We need Roger at the back to do individual side steps and trial Charnz at centre to see if this tried and failed scenario will magically turn around under Webby 2024 version"

But then RTS did score a clutch solo try to win us the game vs Raiders from FB, lol.

I think like others said RTS as the right centre might suit his left to right step better DWZ might not get the sweeping passes but plenty of offloads when the wing jams in or back up if Roger just steps the defender 1 on 1

Charnz can do more stuff on the left, and wouldn't it be better for Roger to be running those Berry lines in the red zone off SJ/halfback than Berry himself? We've seen him getting swamped many times close to the line when the shape/SJ special deserted us this year, but Roger might just find a way to crush his way through
RTS only played the one game at fullback this season, no attacking plays were forthcoming.

IMG_3627.jpg

Back