Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
has the below been announced by the club?

We’ve been told the Chooks discussed offering Johnson an eye-watering $850,000-a-season two year deal only for the Warriors halfback to reject the big-money play because at the age of 33 the playmaker wants to remain at home in New Zealand.

The Johnson approach was made the week before Luke Keary announced his retirement at the end of this season with the money offered the equivalent of Keary’s contract next year.

The Warriors halfback is currently on a deal worth around $550,000-a-season so you’d think the Roosters offer may have turned his head.

But when Johnson informed the Warriors of the Chooks offer he was adamant he wanted to remain at home in Auckland and ended up on a deal worth around $700,000.

We’ve been told the Chooks discussed offering Johnson an eye-watering $850,000-a-season two year deal only for the Warriors halfback to reject the big-money play because at the age of 33 the playmaker wants to remain at home in New Zealand.

The Johnson approach was made the week before Luke Keary announced his retirement at the end of this season with the money offered the equivalent of Keary’s contract next year.

The Warriors halfback is currently on a deal worth around $550,000-a-season so you’d think the Roosters offer may have turned his head.

But when Johnson informed the Warriors of the Chooks offer he was adamant he wanted to remain at home in Auckland and ended up on a deal worth around $700,000.
Oh well just hurry up and announce it! We need to know he's committed fir next season!

Then Barnett and CNK.

Ever Hopeful

Contributor

Never mind that...Andrew Webster is managed by Isaac Moses...wut?!

Never mind that...Andrew Webster is managed by Isaac Moses...wut?!

This article is full of rubbish.

Webster negotiated his own contract extension directly with the club - highly unlikely he is in the Moses stable.

As for the SJ comments - how would James Hooper have the contract scoop on Johnson - our organisation doesn't let anything out they don't want to. Not even sure SJ was tabled the offer of $850k by Roosters - it only suggests they thought that's what they should offer, doesn't sound like it got that far.

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
This article is full of rubbish.

Webster negotiated his own contract extension directly with the club - highly unlikely he is in the Moses stable.

As for the SJ comments - how would James Hooper have the contract scoop on Johnson - our organisation doesn't let anything out they don't want to. Not even sure SJ was tabled the offer of $850k by Roosters - it only suggests they thought that's what they should offer, doesn't sound like it got that far.

Yeah, that was my impression with the SJ stuff, but the Webster/Moses link is a weird thing to concoct.

Wrighty

Contributor
Yeah, that was my impression with the SJ stuff, but the Webster/Moses link is a weird thing to concoct.
Well let's trace this further. is TMM or Capewell the two Webster chosen recruits Moses stable as well?

From an article about his extension - direct quote from Mohawk

Screenshot 2024-05-16 at 09.31.05.png

I find it difficult to believe the Warriors would have hired Webster knowing he was a Moses man given everything we have been through. I am inclined to at least want to believe Makasene

I'm not telling stories lol.

That's a direct quote from Mohawk - so you either have to believe the owner of the club or a shit stirring newscorp journalist.

Gosh I wish Bruce was still around, this choice might have put him in a tail spin.

Wrighty

Contributor
I am not comfortable with Webster being our coach if he contracted to the Cove Agency even if he gets us to the playoffs this year.

• Haha
Reactions: j_p

Tookey 2.0

Contributor
I have to say tho, I hope someone's pulled Xavier Willison aside from our recruitment and let him know we'll offer huge cash come November.

The dudes 21 and already averaging over 100m from the bench in less than 40 minutes per game. He'll be up to 150+ a game in 2 or 3 years.

Offer him 700k and a starting spot in 2026, partnering the Kiwis captain back in NZ. If he's not interested in that we can kick our feet up and rest easy, because he ain't coming from anything else

The way the Sharks are going and if we don’t revive our season post bye round, could they actually get AFB to be released early? Will that save us some cap for next season to get another prop that was rumored but not much info have been leaked since? Not sure how this works.
I wouldn't mind it if we get a player in return.

Reactions: CWC
Back