Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers Pathways), Kahu Capper (Roosters Pathways)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
If you could only pick one for a top 30 conttact of Halasima or Eddie Ieremia-Toeava who would you pick and why?
Eddie seems to be well disciplined and focused on feild. Hes got a big engine. Halasima can be the exact opposite sometimes. Halasima is more talented on attack. Eddie better defensively. It's hard, As Eddie has everything we want from a young man. He's just missing the attacking flair that Halasima offers.

Eddie seems to be well disciplined and focused on feild. Hes got a big engine. Halasima can be the exact opposite sometimes. Halasima is more talented on attack. Eddie better defensively. It's hard, As Eddie has everything we want from a young man. He's just missing the attacking flair that Halasima offers.
Yeah I lean towards Eddie myself as I feel if you show the tough stuff early it would stand the test of time more often! Glad to have both but I will bank on Eddie getting a debut earlier.

Yeah I lean towards Eddie myself as I feel if you show the tough stuff early it would stand the test of time more often! Glad to have both but I will bank on Eddie getting a debut earlier.
They’ve been pretty strict on natural progression i.e. development contract, then top 30 spot and then debut.

I think Eddie will be on a development contract next year and then top 30 and debut in 2026.

I’ve never really seen an engine like he has for a prospect. He’s just non-stop. Can easily see him regularly hitting 50 tackle games in first grade.

Still doesn’t have what Halasima has which can’t really be taught or developed.

They’ve been pretty strict on natural progression i.e. development contract, then top 30 spot and then debut.

I think Eddie will be on a development contract next year and then top 30 and debut in 2026.

I’ve never really seen an engine like he has for a prospect. He’s just non-stop. Can easily see him regularly hitting 50 tackle games in first grade.

Beautiful spot to be in! Laban will grow immensely for what he does this season. I feel like out of all the young guns besides Berry, he's away! And he could command a bench spot now on, just fucken mental!

He was loving the Panthers game on the weekend!

Ali Leiataua won't be far behind him, and then the is zyon and Sifakula to come!

It going to become who do we keep soon.

Can we squeeze two more seasons from Jazz?

Barring injury I think Eddie will play first grade next year. He’s started virtually every game in cup this year.
I’ve also heard he’s not afraid to get stuck into the older boys for dropping there heads.
Agreed re Halasima.
Between him, Eddie and demetric we have some guns waiting in the wings

Beautiful spot to be in! Laban will grow immensely for what he does this season. I feel like out of all the young guns besides Berry, he's away! And he could command a bench spot now on, just fucken mental!

He was loving the Panthers game on the weekend!

Ali Leiataua won't be far behind him, and then the is zyon and Sifakula to come!

It going to become who do we keep soon.

Can we squeeze two more seasons from Jazz?
Nah Jazz is done.

It’s going to be hard enough of a roster squeeze with Eddie, Halasima, Stowers-Smith all worthy of top 30 contracts next year

Nah Jazz is done.

It’s going to be hard enough of a roster squeeze with Eddie, Halasima, Stowers-Smith all worthy of top 30 contracts next year
I hear you but it’s a big jump for these kids. They need hard nosed experienced guys around them with strong mentalities. That is where Jazz is one of the best. We have to be careful we don’t repeat the same mistake Bluey did, underestimate the need for hard nosed experienced players. I would be keeping Jazz. One hooker in the crusaders years ago was getting old and he refused to give his position to the younger players, he taught them everything he knew but told them they must take his position by out performing him in order to keep the standards high and the team strong. If they are growing and outperform Jazz then retire him or let him go. But until then let them lift their game until we are seeing consistently strong performances. At the moment when Jazz is in cup he is the best forward by far. I wouldn’t let him go yet.

I hear you but it’s a big jump for these kids. They need hard nosed experienced guys around them with strong mentalities. That is where Jazz is one of the best. We have to be careful we don’t repeat the same mistake Bluey did, underestimate the need for hard nosed experienced players. I would be keeping Jazz. One hooker in the crusaders years ago was getting old and he refused to give his position to the younger players, he taught them everything he knew but told them they must take his position by out performing him in order to keep the standards high and the team strong. If they are growing and outperform Jazz then retire him or let him go. But until then let them lift their game until we are seeing consistently strong performances. At the moment when Jazz is in cup he is the best forward by far. I wouldn’t let him go yet.
Nah there’s too many of those guys imo.

Capewell, Barnett, Tohu, Ford etc

We are badly missing athleticism in our forward pack

Fair point.

I think you are right re the need for Athleticism and power.
Jazz would give more for this club than almost anyone else, I feel like a few others maybe able to leave before him….?
True but he’s also off contract, sometimes it’s timing that works against you.

Would rather just move in a different direction than have to pay freight to send Capewell back to Aus

Back