• B

Votes: 64 47.8%
  • C

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • F------

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
1713046209012.png

Scene from Bay 39.... thanks Rizzah Rizzah!!!!

As a positive, they spanked the champs last week.

We forced a draw out of them.
Manly couldn't quite back it up to go 2 in a row against good teams. We couldn't quite either. (I know rabbits are rubbish)
Kayln Ponga probably 🙄
Nicho for sure
And while I am ranting

What’s up with Tohu’s hair man??…

View attachment 6659
Short back and sides would fix that. He has had stylist issues for some time unfortunately.

Screenshot_20240413-201759_Chrome.jpg

Interesting comments about AFB etc...but when we are only getting minimal time off the bench as a collective, it puts alot of strain on the starting team. Warriors play a high intensity relentless brand of footy....we can't maintain that all year. We will get flat periods like last night. I know Jaz injury didn't help, but that's bugger all minutes from the bench for a 90 min game.

Simply if the warriors had lead by 16-0 and then finished the game as a draw, I would be spewing. So to take a point out if this game could prove critical come end of the year.

Be interesting to see what Webster does with the bench this weekend...

Just re-watched the game and does anyone else think we should have been awarded a penalty for accidental offside when Waddell knocked it on in GP1?

SJ would have had a penalty kick to win the game similar to what happened vs the sharks last year.

Yea they said “that should be a penalty, it’s accidental offside”

“never mind they’ve ruled it accidental offside so umm, here’s a scrum”

🤔🤔

To be honest I was quite shocked with how little game time Ale had again.

Given all of the forwards we have missing, to lose Jazz during the game and having rookie Laban on the bench I would have thought he would have had 30 min plus.

He had a very poor penalty against him, which was really poor timing trying to go for a one on one strip, but aside from that I didn't think he looked terrible. Didn't run as much as he usually does I thought.

But yeah, deffo makes me a but worried for his development and our plans for him moving forward if he's not given the opportunity to show more than 20 minutes a game

Both teams are going to have their depth tested over the next few weeks as a result of this brutal game. Manly are fucked in the backs now and conversely we are absolutely fucked in the forwards. How each team deals with this is going to be the true test of top 4 credentials. I get the feeling that whilst our full strength sides are pretty evenly matched, our depth is stronger. Manly started quite strongly last year as well but fell away as their lack of depth was found out.

He had a very poor penalty against him, which was really poor timing trying to go for a one on one strip, but aside from that I didn't
He had a very poor penalty against him, which was really poor timing trying to go for a one on one strip, but aside from that I didn't think he looked terrible. Didn't run as much as he usually does I thought.

Ale stripped the ball at the same time the ref called held

If an attacker offloads on the held call he gets to keep it without penalty so why should it be different for a defender?

And on another similar situation

If the ball carrier moves forward in the tackle after called held he is brought back but if the defenders continue to drive the ball carrier back after the held call the PTB is where they finally end up

What are the rules around emergency signings. Like do clubs petition NRL and say, we have no more props, can we sign X.

Do you have to have room in your 30 for that to happen?

Accidental offside is not a penalty. Only when it's deliberate.

Then why did the sharks get a penalty at kickoff right on full time for a SJ accidental offside when he caught the ball in front of Montoya from the kick off???

I saw an exact penalty again given from kick off earlier this season for the same thing - cant remember which game

Most offsides are awarded penalties

Ale stripped the ball at the same time the ref called held

If an attacker offloads on the held call he gets to keep it without penalty so why should it be different for a defender?

And on another similar situation

If the ball carrier moves forward in the tackle after called held he is brought back but if the defenders continue to drive the ball carrier back after the held call the PTB is where they finally end up

Emphasis needs to be on the defender to let go soon as the ref calls held

I think most refs would have given a penalty in that situation

There was no need to strip the ball on the last tackle

Back