Votes: 12 9.0%
  • B

Votes: 64 47.8%
  • C

Votes: 53 39.6%
  • F------

Votes: 4 3.0%

• Total voters
Definitely are a 2nd half heavy type of team at the minute. I think every game this year we've been behind at some point, usually getting better as the game goes on.

Really looking forward to us putting a 70-80 minute performance this year. It feels like we're building towards it but hopefully getting there

He also stated that the New Zealand Warriors - coming off an away victory against the Rabbitohs and draw against the Manly Sea Eagles - are a possibility to win the competition.

“The Warriors can win the comp in my opinion,” Johns added.

“I'll tell you what's strange about them, every single game this year with the Warriors has been a carbon copy, the only difference (is a) couple of times they've hung on and got the win.

“Each game they've been rampant in the first 30 minutes, just blowing the opposition away, however, at the end of that 30 minutes, as far as dominance it could be 18, 20 nil, but they're only six nil up.

“Then you see the opposition come back into the game and it ends up being a tight finish, every single game has been the same.

“There's a little problem in the mid part of their match of the Warriors.”

————-

Hmm I feel we start mid other than the Sharks game and wobbles in the middle, and after the break we came back strong, Storm, Raiders, Souths and Manly

Keep that right edge tight in the first half, less drop off, then be confident and secure for the final 5 minutes to work on over the next month…

Their analysis is a bit yarny, doesn't tell the full story.

If you look at the season to date, the average postion on the ladder of our opponents is 6th. Take out the Rabbits game and the average position is 3rd/4th!

We have had a hard draw which is great - we're 7th on a tough run, we're going to rise quickly.

Sharks average opponent?? 11th! They've had an easy run - good for them.

As a fully fledged SJ fanboi even i thought the tries like he scored against Manly were a thing of the past these days.....And its not like he stepped a bum at the end there either.....it was Tommy Turbo left standing like a statue,

Takes me back to my still favourite SJ in his heyday try against the Storm - in the one movement steps one of the best defenders of all time (Cameron Smith) like he's wearing concrete boots, fends off a covering tackler, then swerves round Cam Munster leaving him lying on the ground......oh if only Webster had come earlier to fast track young SJs game play.....(or if Ivan had stayed)
I always think about this from time to time now. What could've been if Webby had come much earlier in SJ's development, might we be witnessing one of the most dominant players in NRL history. Just a massive what if, imagine the speed, footwork, agility of old SJ combined with his top tier game management capabilities today, he deserved so much better man.

Their analysis is a bit yarny, doesn't tell the full story.

If you look at the season to date, the average postion on the ladder of our opponents is 6th. Take out the Rabbits game and the average position is 3rd/4th!

We have had a hard draw which is great - we're 7th on a tough run, we're going to rise quickly.

Sharks average opponent?? 11th! They've had an easy run - good for them.

Them and the Storm had a bye already too

Finally had some time to catch a replay.

Butler had an absolute shocker for us.

- 3 blatant knock ons missed from Manly, not even iffy ones clear cut knock ons.
- Funnily enough calls a knock on down on Manly's line against Egan when it bounced off his neck.
- Olakau'atu flying into the back of TMM off a DCE kick in the last 10, clear as day but no penalty.

Tof Sipley has turned into a real gun, is a shame we don't still have him in the ranks.

The Manly trys came from really poor defense from us, some of it was hard to watch. Add in all our errors and silly penalties, what a mixed bag of a game on our part.

The fact that Manly fans are having a sook about a clear cut penalty, when Butler gave them so many leg ups is hilarious.

I always think about this from time to time now. What could've been if Webby had come much earlier in SJ's development, might we be witnessing one of the most dominant players in NRL history. Just a massive what if, imagine the speed, footwork, agility of old SJ combined with his top tier game management capabilities today, he deserved so much better man.

Hopefully no regrets when he wins the first premiership for the Warriors

Like Carter choking 2 world cups for 11 years then delivered an MVP performance in the 2015 final, or Matt Henry been out of favor for 3 years then delivered at the semi and final of the cricket world cup 2019

Finally had some time to catch a replay.

Butler had an absolute shocker for us.

- 3 blatant knock ons missed from Manly, not even iffy ones clear cut knock ons.
- Funnily enough calls a knock on down on Manly's line against Egan when it bounced off his neck.
- Olakau'atu flying into the back of TMM off a DCE kick in the last 10, clear as day but no penalty.

Tof Sipley has turned into a real gun, is a shame we don't still have him in the ranks.

The Manly trys came from really poor defense from us, some of it was hard to watch. Add in all our errors and silly penalties, what a mixed bag of a game on our part.

The fact that Manly fans are having a sook about a clear cut penalty, when Butler gave them so many leg ups is hilarious.

What happened to their 2nd and 3rd tries? our D was a horror show

What happened to their 2nd and 3rd tries? our D was a horror show
- Second try our whole right edge did a Houdini act and vanished into thin air out of nowhere.
- Third try vaguely remember SJ biting on a marked lead runner when he probably should have held and bounced, then all the dominos came falling in

Our left edge not being able to isolate Burbo and then Croker is a bit of a laugh, maybe the wet helped Manly in that respect. But bit of a yikes, that left edge has a lot of work to do with the ball.

And they will be alone 🤣🤣

All the talk is about handbags between Des & Sticky 🤣
Interesting in the segment on NRL 360 they mention Titans had infringed 32 times but were only pinged for 10 of them, the ref ‘managed’ the feel of the game.
This is pretty alarming, no we don’t want a stop start game but literally picking the times when you do and don’t enforce the rules is pretty dicey territory

Interesting in the segment on NRL 360 they mention Titans had infringed 32 times but were only pinged for 10 of them, the ref ‘managed’ the feel of the game.
This is pretty alarming, no we don’t want a stop start game but literally picking the times when you do and don’t enforce the rules is pretty dicey territory
Interestingly, most of the time SJ kicked the ball during the game, a Manly player made contact with him and held him back.... effectively taking out one player in the kick chase. If the ref had warned Manly not to do it otherwise he'd have penalised them if they repeated it, the charge down on SJ made not have occurred meaning Manly would have won the game. For once, a ref not doing his job penalising the opposition actually worked out in the Warriors favour.

I get your sentiments but this might be our best opportunity to win a championship with Addin and possibly Johnson not part of the roster next year. I think most people on this website are fans of the wahs but might see things differently. I definitely think all the exposure we were getting may have inflated my optimism as many staunch critics were jumping on board. This game highlighted to me that we still have many errors that need to be ironed out before we are going to be a serious threat. In games like this it might not matter so much but in the pressure cooker situations one error could cost us big time. Ford despite running good lines and playing quite well has on average got at least one mistake or a drop ball per game. Roger is not too far behind. I remember Dallin having similar issues a couple of years ago and whatever he did to remove this from his game worked a treat. I think they both offer something particularly Roger it just kills momentum and puts us under pressure.

Well said mate… I hope we go all the way with talented roster 🙏

I always come back to it but 6 coaches in his first 7 years was just next level disfunction.

How the hell any player (let alone a young half) was supposed to develop in that sort of shambles is beyond me.

Never mind he got their in the end......and even better its at the club he's always loved.

I'm gonna saay it now. This year is our year. JFH is going to help us get it 2 years in a row.
We keep saying next year, next year.
If we think like that we'll never get it. JFH is the icing on the cake and will be epic in helping get us to our 2ND premiership!
If y'all think otherwise its the same old, same old 'this year is our year'.

Back