Suncorp Stadium

Sunday
Afternoon
15:50

Panthers

Team Lists

Stalefish540

Contributor
Fair comment and I'm not suggesting Zyon Maiu’u starts or anything like that.

I just feel we lack energy, he seems a good way to get some of that in.

If anything, maybe that could be his role - "you're getting 20 mins max either side of half time, don't leave anything out there".
Definitely agree on that front re needing some energy to spice up the vanilla.

I don't think you'd get more than 20mins total out of him though currently. Even a 20min stint he'd be gassing if the game was in a grind back and forth position.

I can't watch reggies in Aus unfortunately, but all his games seem to only be about 40mins. Whereas guys like Jazz/Ale can play just about 70-80mins down in that grade if needed.

I can't comment if that's because we have others down there to share mins or his motor is still in it's build up stage. But it is consistent around 40mins and not more, which isn't a bad thing he's only just turned 20.

Definitely agree on that front re needing some energy to spice up the vanilla.

I don't think you'd get more than 20mins total out of him though currently. Even a 20min stint he'd be gassing if the game was in a grind back and forth position.

I can't watch reggies in Aus unfortunately, but all his games seem to only be about 40mins. Whereas guys like Jazz/Ale can play just about 70-80mins down in that grade if needed.

I can't comment if that's because we have others down there to share mins or his motor is still in it's build up stage. But it is consistent around 40mins and not more, which isn't a bad thing he's only just turned 20.

Have to wonder how much of a setback the 5 match suspension has been for him this season.

Young guys need to get the reps up.

Wouldn't write off the year, the Knights were in this exact position after R10 in 2023 (3 wins, 5 losses, 1 draw) and still made the finals. They did have a bye at this point already though
Shit we could use the bye, i thought it was after this game but there's still the phins before it. Our injury toll has got to be the worst in the NRL this season, incredibly disruptive.

Bench of Walker, Jazz, Ale, Laban looks fine, I'd swap Laban for Zyon Maiu’u since that spot is only used for 10-20min anyway (the "Josh Curran role")

Walker is finding form, Jazz is clearly bouncing around better than his return late last year, Ale is a beast and another energy bunny would be good. Webby needs to let Jazz and Ale play 30-40min and give Zyon Maiu’u or Laban a high energy 10-20min cameo mid game

Maybe Tohu looked stuffed lately due to excessive minutes, he was winning VB hard earned index player or on the list for many weeks when we were playing well, IMO it's the coaching staff not managing the players load properly

(the "Sam Curran role")
Screenshot 2024-05-15 at 12.08.21 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: CWC
Unless your point was they won the prem, then it’s your point that’s irrelevant.
It's quite obvious my point was that it's too early to give up on the season.

I was directly comparing the wins/losses/points, not the specifics to each team. Just because I used that comparison doesn't mean you can conclude the finals result will be exactly what will happen for us, there are far too many variables for that.

Back