General NSW Cup 2024

Moimoi is out injured hasn’t been put on the injury list because he isn’t in the top 30 just on a development contract.
That"ll probably be the reason but Halasima featured in those weekly updates when he was injured to begin the season.

Has their been any word on what's going on with Halasima? Is he injured or what?
Nah, none the wiser. I looked hard at the first grade photos from the scrimmage vs North Sydney Bears expecting to see him but couldn't point him out

Reactions: Riz
The Cup side play the Roosters again in 3 weeks time in Sydney. Seeing as the NRL sides meet just once this year I would've thought they'd be the curtain raiser this week rather than playing on the same day but at North Harbour

Should see a number of changes before kickoff with Kosi out/Montoya in, no Tuaupiki & a TBC 17th man. Pity it isn't being played in Sydney as Laban has only played 115 minutes since his last Cup game 6 weeks ago
Screenshot_20240511_155738_DuckDuckGo.jpg

You mean like Paul Roache who's already played for us this season?
Different situation as Lussick was suspended, Tevaga injured, Fufofuka converted to a Lock & we had no other dummy halves. Kosi & Pompey have been available for selection in the outside backs. Dispensation from beyond the main squad had always been a thing if you applied though so it could've been the case 🤷‍♂️
It might have been a free for all from Rd 1 this year but I've seen noting in print to support that. Regardless, either way it no longer matters after today

Last edited:
The Cup side play the Roosters again in 3 weeks time in Sydney. Seeing as the NRL sides meet just once this year I would've thought they'd be the curtain raiser this week rather than playing on the same day but at North Harbour
I thought it was weird that the two teams are playing in different cities/countries today. It would be natural for the NSW Cup be the Warriors vs Roosters in Sydney with the NRL side and the NSW Cup games be in different places when the NRL side is in Queensland or Melbourne.

Anyone heading to the game today.

My boys are keen to head up. Will depend on dad getting some house work done.

Nice day in Auckland today. A pity the main game is in Sydney and not here.

I thought Roache had a concussion? Guess not. Ali is back. With no Tuaupiki they're without a decent kicker 😬
Rodney Tuipulotu Vaea with a debut & still no Halasima
Screenshot_20240512_110222_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Doyle is a very very handy player- a rescue player.

This game is not on Fox in Aus.

Is it on Sky in Nz?

Be interesting how the Ali-Monty combo goes.
Doesn't look like it's broadcast here.
Wouldn't be surprised if it's Kali/Montoya on the left but it'll be interesting to see where they all fit in

Hope we can get some reports from supporters at North Harbour (that where its being played?) today

Thanks for posting that CCEs. I dont see many NZW NSW Cup games (being in Aus) this year maybe three -four but Doyle -something thing seems to happen on a positive note when he comes on in all those games I saw.

Doesn't look like it's broadcast here.
Wouldn't be surprised if it's Kali/Montoya on the left but it'll be interesting to see where they all fit in
Yup Kali/Montota left and Ali/MGT right. Ali looks like he is coming back from a hamstring injury, which is where he must have been, looks a bit ginger on his left leg.