Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
I think against each other, maiuu will punch out similar numbers vs BHU.
Agreed. I think they're looking at BHU/Barnett with Zyon Maiu’u and Afoa off the bench. Zyon Maiu’u is in the big league now. It seems they see his development as he'll either fly high in a year's time or become average at this stage. I hope he gets his fair share of opportunities this year. I'd love to see him kick on.

Agreed. I think they're looking at BHU/Barnett with Zyon Maiu’u and Afoa off the bench. Zyon Maiu’u is in the big league now. It seems they see his development as he'll either fly high in a year's time or become average at this stage. I hope he gets his fair share of opportunities this year. I'd love to see him kick on.
Niukore will be part of the middle rotation.

Honestly, I feel like he was a promising young man, then somewhere along the way 5 years passed us by somehow and I cannot think of one moment in his career that stood out. Where did the years go?
As far as over-hyped underperforming NZ props go, he reminds me a bit of Sam McKendry, although perhaps that’s unfair on McKendry given the injuries he had to deal with.

Runs over reece walsh and rocks the wwf celebration- what’s not to like?
That was actually a pretty brave effort from Walsh tbf.

Gets over some of the big dogs there- hass, tino, afb….

I quite like him but he can’t play big minutes- he’s a 40 minute man- $700 seems a bit rich but not totally outrageous in today’s market I suppose.

I too trust the Andrews.
(And who’s to say that figures accurate anyway).

Would we even get 100m and 20 tackles out of his 40 minutes a game? Looked like his run metres fell noticably in the last 10 or so games last season.

Runs over reece walsh and rocks the wwf celebration- what’s not to like?
That was actually a pretty brave effort from Walsh tbf.

Gets over some of the big dogs there- hass, tino, afb….

I quite like him but he can’t play big minutes- he’s a 40 minute man- $700 seems a bit rich but not totally outrageous in today’s market I suppose.

I too trust the Andrews.
(And who’s to say that figures accurate anyway).
He had a good try scoring haul off SJ in 2020. Hopefully SJ plays on in 2025 if he signs.

You have to look at his contract in its entirety.

If we are reliant on BHU being the leader of our pack in 3 years time then we are definitely a mid-table team, no two ways about it.

But, if he is being supported by the likes of Marata, Zyon Maiu’u and co next year and the years after then $733k of the salary cap in 3 years time going to him and having that available to dish out to the young bucks the year after - then I'm all for it.

Agreed. I think they're looking at BHU/Barnett with Zyon Maiu’u and Afoa off the bench. Zyon Maiu’u is in the big league now.
Looks pretty decent, with Niukore as well. Hopefully Zyon Maiu’u is an established pro by 2025.

$730K is standard for experienced props, I suppose I'd rather have old man Brayden than our current Addin replacement - no one.