Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
SEN Sydney reporting the deal to be $675000 a season. If thats the case then hes an absolute bargain, AND there will be money left over from AFBs deal. Crazy stuff if true.

Makes sense.

People have to remember that this is a player who is in a really good job at the best outfit in the comp.

It is not like he woke up all of a sudden and thought shit I wish I was playing for the Warriors.

This has come about because Maori boy wants to come home.

That being the case, the old Warriors would have offered him overs. The new Warriors are not inclined to throw away their advantage when a signing is in the offing.

When you have the upper hand you might as well use it.

Makes sense.

People have to remember that this is a player who is in a really good job at the best outfit in the comp.

It is not like he woke up all of a sudden and thought shit I wish I was playing for the Warriors.

That being the case, the old Warriors would have offered him overs. The new Warriors are not inclined to throw away their advantage when a signing is in the offing.

Would you say he's getting AFB money forst two years then 675k for the past two?

Great signing! Came out of nowhere.

Comparing his stats to AFB though, AFB still comes out way on top.

Lets look at last 3 years running metres. Last record is career ave.

JFH
View attachment 6707

AFB
View attachment 6708

Still stoked about the signing.

So im assuming we take over his 25,26 contract at around 800k and then probably gave him a rise to around 1m for the final 2?
He will have as much if not more impact than AFB. The stats don’t show everything.

Makes sense.

I thought the rule was, if you are breaking contract (compassionate or not) you have to stay on the same money as per your original contract? Hence why AFB didnt get a raise or less at the Sharks. Could be wrong though

Shit. Do it again tomorrow.
Prehaps a bit of CCR with Canadian club dry for a good aussie bogan battler or John Lee Hooker with DB Bitter for Jazz Tevanga resigning after refinding the bald brothers magic from start of last year.
With Jazz at his best what a hearty bench
CHT, DW, Jazz, Niukore
End with

Nutted all over sofa (NAS)
This is the answer 🤣🤙

I like the chances of re-signing Egan.

He'll be 28 next year and in the form of his life, this will probably be his final chance at his biggest career payday @ multiple years, so i'd say money is going to be his biggest motivation. Assuming there's room in the cap (I dont know if there is, or isnt) - in a vacuum we know we have to spend overs to get top talent, so I feel well be up there at being able and willing to give him top money.