Recruitment Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention

Warriors 2024/2025 Recruitment & Retention Discussion
key: T = Team option, M = Mutual option, P = Player option, D = Development contract

Confirmed Top 30 2024: 28/30
Confirmed Development 2024: 5/6

Confirmed Top 30 2025: 26/30
Confirmed Development 2025: 1/6

2025 Gains: James Fisher-Harris (Panthers), Jett Cleary (Panthers)
2025 Losses: Addin Fonua-Blake (Sharks)
2025 Off Contract: Shaun Johnson, Jazz Tevaga

Last edited:
Webby: you gotta stop with all the winning, we just can't handle it. If the 675k figure is right, that is an outright steal given AFB is 800K per year. This is the sort of signing that can start off a warriors dynasty that we have all been dreaming about since day I.

I just hope this sparks more compassionate leave cases in our favour. If JFH wants to come home, just imagine who else is gonna want to come home.

JFH
Birthday Jan 6 1996 - he will be 29 when he plays for us next season and his 4th season he will be 32.
Hails from Northland and born in the small town of Rawene
6 foot 2 103Kg

Has played three games this year for limited minutes which explains his low metres

Round 1 Storm 43 minutes 99 metres
Round 2 Eels 24 minutes 53 metres
Round 5 Manly 34 minutes 75 metres

Had some injuries this season will line up at number 10 this weekend vs Tigers

I could see him settling for 675 if he wanted the security for 4 year deal until he was 32. Had this been a two year deal I think it would be more likely he would have asked for more $'s

Our contracts have been updated on NRL.com

Props (as opposed to Middles) next Year
1 JFH
2 Barnett
3 Niukore
4 Bunty
5 Ale
6 Zyon Maiu’u
7 TSS (Surely he will get a top 30 spot)

Locks
Harris
Walker
Jazz is not signed

Theres no way he is on less with the Warriors than The Panthers.
Its the golden boot we're talking & a manager aware of the cap space free'd up AFB leaving & older players off contract closer to retirement.
Unless there's a house for him and his extended family waiting furnished for them

Waking to this news is unreal.

I've read every single post on here about it, the excitement is wonderful to see.

It wasn't possible to replace AFB with anyone available, well... someone became available!

It's a credit to the org from the top down, who would have thought we would be one of the best run clubs 3 years ago!

As I stated last season and feel the same this season, this is the beginning of a long and successful period for the club

This better not be an April Major Lie. If it was June, I'd feel safer about this.
Harris is, of course, signed for 2025 so guess he's keen to go, body issues obviously the final say there.
Hope Johnson goes around at least once more.

But, gee, I miss the days when we signed bloody legends like Matt Allwood and Jonathan Wright. The halcyon days of The Bluey/Cappy/Mooks/Browny eras. Now it's bloody numpties like James Fisher freakin Harris.

How we have fallen.

Went to south's game. Got there early went to bar ran into mcfab an cam george went across road hit owner an a very big islander. Owner never left bar to last 20 of nsw cup game so guess I this dude more important.
Did we ever get confirmation that this was JFH? Or now can assume that this was him?

Massive signing.

Says a lot that he was one of the guys Penrith had locked up for the next couple of years, given the quality they've let go. Huge loss for them and huge gain for us.
This quote was from panthers ceo in regards to Weather luai would get an early release to go to tigers after he signed with them.
“He will be playing here. We haven’t released any players before, and under no circumstances will Jarome be going anywhere for 2024. After that, we just wish him and his family all the best.”