Pick Your Team Knights v Warriors - Round 9, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

mt.wellington

Contributor
Knights v Warriors - Round 9, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

I0000hUcmYrny8E0.jpg

Here's your chance to select your dream team for next rounds match so don your coaches cap on and lets hear it...

1. CNK
2. Berry
3. Ali
4. Pompey
5. RTS
6. Tuaupiki
7. TMM
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Zyon Maiu’u
11. Laban
12. Ford
13. Harris

14. Barnett
15. Walker
16. Ale
17. Capewell

Both wingers to cup - DWZ comes back in when he learns how to trust his inside. That defensive read to allow Titans first try gave them all the momentum for their fight back in the first 40. His offload error in the second 40 came at the worst time. Inexcusable imo. Would rather bring Ali in and try Berry on the wing rather than bringing in Kosi who certainly isn't lighting the world on fire in cup. Worth a shot. We need some changes, we need an injection of youth and an eye to the future.

Montoya can stay in cup for the rest of the year! Looks well past his used by date and more and more underwhelming as the weeks go by.

Johnson needs to rest, Webster cant do an Adam O'Brien and play him into the ground like Ponga.

Harris needs to play 60mins, no more no less. Walker to come on for him + he provides cover for Egan.

We need to keep one out of AFB and Barnett on the field at all times. So Zyon Maiu’u gets the run on spot. Only positive for the game was seeing Zyon Maiu’u rip in. Ka pai young fulla.

1. CNK
2. Berry
3. Ali
4. Pompey
5. RTS
6. Tuaupiki
7. TMM
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Zyon Maiu’u
11. Laban
12. Ford
13. Harris

14. Barnett
15. Walker
16. Ale
17. Capewell

Both wingers to cup - DWZ comes back in when he learns how to trust his inside. That defensive read to allow Titans first try gave them all the momentum for their fight back in the first 40. His offload error in the second 40 came at the worst time. Inexcusable imo. Would rather bring Ali in and try Berry on the wing rather than bringing in Kosi who certainly isn't lighting the world on fire in cup. Worth a shot. We need some changes, we need an injection of youth and an eye to the future.

Montoya can stay in cup for the rest of the year! Looks well past his used by date and more and more underwhelming as the weeks go by.

Johnson needs to rest, Webster cant do an Adam O'Brien and play him into the ground like Ponga.

Harris needs to play 60mins, no more no less. Walker to come on for him + he provides cover for Egan.

We need to keep one out of AFB and Barnett on the field at all times. So Zyon Maiu’u gets the run on spot. Only positive for the game was seeing Zyon Maiu’u rip in. Ka pai young fulla.
Harris played 62 today

Things to fix -

1) Defense
2) Clinical at red zone attack
3) Wrestle the momentum back

3) is the easiest as Zyon Maiu’u stepped up, he and Walker needs to come on around 20min mark, he can play 20 then return for the last 20 of the second half, we missed Curran’s late injection this year. He can stay till hopefully Marata returns

2) is hard due to SJ injured or not training, but if nothing happens after 5 tackles, bomb to the centres/wingers either sides, they’ve shown what they can do, heck even Berry took a beauty, RTS is great in air, even Monty had a good grab a few weeks ago. Even those grubbers would help with making the defense guess. Play the boring field position at the start and after you’ve gained decent lead to lock up the game

1) we leaked 4 tries from errors, the only legit try was the Fifita barge over special, DWZ and Laban poor reads, DWZ brain fart offload lead to Fafita try assist, and Berry’s poor one on one tackling. Can’t fix experience but the other ones should not have happened, that’s 14 free points given away.

And penalties lead to most of those field positions. So these are fixable, just not fixed for 3 weeks

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Pompey
4. RTS
5. Monty
6. TMM
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Capewell
13. Tohu

14. Walker
15. Laban
16. Zyon Maiu’u
17. Ale

Maybe Pompey to shore up the right edge D so DWZ stops coming in, the one time he didn’t Berry missed a one on one

Keeping Monty as he was worse last week, can’t remember what he did this week to warrant so much heat, all the tries were scored on the right bar the Laban misread. At least we have 3 outside backs who can attack bombs since Pompey can’t

Walker and Zyon Maiu’u/Laban to combat momentum changes, and DWZ to get a stern talk to, which I believe will result him having a perfect D next week. And I really believe kick to Roger will result in tries

Also thought Ford had a good game 130m from 13 runs, 43 tackles some strong runs and no drop balls or fatal defensive reads, not sure why people want him to play Cup next week lol

TMM 96m 11 runs multiple of them getting over advantage line, with nothing on on his side. He’s now coping massive heat

Zyon Maiu’u 75m from 7 runs weeee, Ale only 4 runs for 40+ but did a lot of tackling, seems to be playing Bunty

It’s actually just the D, utilizing the impact players, and have kicks to centre backs, not swapping Cup team for FG team

Last edited:
For me, we need to risk it with no Egan cover. Only using a 2 or 3 man bench isn’t working. What’s the worst that can happen? We lose!!
Even having Taine to bring a bit of spark. Anything, just something with that 4th spot. Walker can cover hooker if needed. How good would Sironen be right now.

Using the past Bunty critique….. If Dallin didn’t have a cool haircut and theatrical finish’s. Everyone would hate him………

How important was Bunty aye? Not flash just a rock on defence, which is exactly what we need right now.

I was at the game and I was a little concerned about Laban. I thought he looked stuffed after 25min. Think he was hurt.

Zyon Maiu’u was pretty impressive. Impact, intensity, intent. Needs to be on the bench especially with all the injuries. He would have been handy last week.

Tohu is getting old.
Te Maire can kick for shit.
Montoya has run out of rope.
Rocco had an average game but has mostly been solid this season.

Goddamn, no one goes as hard or cares more the Charnze does.

For me, we need to risk it with no Egan cover. Only using a 2 or 3 man bench isn’t working. What’s the worst that can happen? We lose!!
Even having Taine to bring a bit of spark. Anything, just something with that 4th spot. Walker can cover hooker if needed. How good would Sironen be right now.

Using the past Bunty critique….. If Dallin didn’t have a cool haircut and theatrical finish’s. Everyone would hate him………

How important was Bunty aye? Not flash just a rock on defence, which is exactly what we need right now.

I was at the game and I was a little concerned about Laban. I thought he looked stuffed after 25min. Think he was hurt.

Zyon Maiu’u was pretty impressive. Impact, intensity, intent. Needs to be on the bench especially with all the injuries. He would have been handy last week.

Tohu is getting old.
Te Maire can kick for shit.
Montoya has run out of rope.
Rocco had an average game but has mostly been solid this season.

Goddamn, no one goes as hard or cares more the Charnze does.

He got knocked onto his back in his second or third hit up, you could see his mouth yelling, then got up really ginger with a sore knee after. Didn’t see any twisting of the knee in the replay though

I’ve always believed DWZ doesn’t have a clue on defence

He wasnt tested last season

I reckon this season teams have caught on. They also know Berry’s tackling technique is weak. Get a big man on him and he can be exploited.

Montoya is another one that isn’t offering much

Some fresh faces are needed

But I think Webby will stick to the same squad 😞

I’ve always believed DWZ doesn’t have a clue on defence

He wasnt tested last season

I reckon this season teams have caught on. They also know Berry’s tackling technique is weak. Get a big man on him and he can be exploited.

Montoya is another one that isn’t offering much

Some fresh faces are needed

But I think Webby will stick to the same squad 😞

Do you think Pompey makes the tackles Berry missed?

Berry’s assets are kick chase, now showing good high ball contesting skills, good combo on attack with DWZ. But I think Pompey might be better suited with the situ we are in right now, the little D lapses are killing the team

Do you think Pompey makes the tackles Berry missed?

Berry’s assets are kick chase, now showing good high ball contesting skills, good combo on attack with DWZ. But I think Pompey might be better suited with the situ we are in right now, the little D lapses are killing the team

Yeah

I’m not even a Pompey fan but yeah he’s a big boy and I trust him more on D than Berry

He and DWZ have leaked in a fair few tries the last 3 weeks…

Hate to say it but Berry’s style and size is much better suited to Union

In a weird way we are really missing Sironin and Curran

The nice hooker cover and playing for 20 minutes in the forwards to give others a rest, and Curran hyping up the attack when defenders are tired

They are replaceable but CHT is like glass and Marata can’t handle his weight, maybe Zyon Maiu’u can be Curran and Laban can go harder to match him and we’d have 3 energizers and Ale plays Bunty’s role but with more meters gained

Let’s switch it up a gear

1. CNK
2. Berry
3. Ali
4. RTS
5. Pompey
6. Tuapiki
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Capwell