Pick Your Team Knights v Warriors - Round 9, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Same team other than Montoya out and Capes back to 12 (if he's back). My preference would be RTS to wing and Pompey to center, but wouldn't be mad if Ali was put on the wing. My only concern is that would be a nightmare defensively.

Same team other than Montoya out and Capes back to 12 (if he's back). My preference would be RTS to wing and Pompey to center, but wouldn't be mad if Ali was put on the wing. My only concern is that would be a nightmare defensively.
Capewell listed as indefinite on nrl casualty ward

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Pomps
5. RTS
6. Tuaupiki
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Barnett
11. Ford
12. Laban
13. Tohu

14. Walker
15. TSS
16. Zyon Maiu’u
17. Ale

Changed my team since Capewell probs not back next week.
Feel like with this bench we can let Tohu off for 20 mins, when this happens I actually want Ale to be at Lock.
Can't have TSS and Zyon Maiu’u on at the same time for their whole spell, so Barnett could swap for Zyon Maiu’u or have an early interchange. (DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT WEBBY!)
Walker will get less minutes, as he has to spell Laban or Egan and that's it.

Last edited:
Anyone know whats up with Moala Graham-Taufa? Injured? If he was fit id be giving him a go on Montoyas wing. Other than that, none of our cup wingers deserve a call up even if our current wingers deserve to be dropped.

There have to be changes, if there aren't it's not handling the responsibility in the right way - the only issue is who can come in for the problem areas (no, not in that way DWZ, don't come in...) it's pretty clear that our edges aren't functioning properly, which is perplexing as not that long ago it was a strength... you can't fully blame either DWZ or Monts outside of that, but they do add a flourish of shit every now and again.

Biggest issue is TMM imo - and that sucks, cos he has plenty of upside - but with SJ playing injured there's no alternative structure - while CHT is out like others I'd like to see Tauapiki tried at 6, I think he has the skillset and mentality to marshal that side into shape

There have to be changes, if there aren't it's not handling the responsibility in the right way - the only issue is who can come in for the problem areas (no, not in that way DWZ, don't come in...) it's pretty clear that our edges aren't functioning properly, which is perplexing as not that long ago it was a strength... you can't fully blame either DWZ or Monts outside of that, but they do add a flourish of shit every now and again.

Biggest issue is TMM imo - and that sucks, cos he has plenty of upside - but with SJ playing injured there's no alternative structure - while CHT is out like others I'd like to see Tauapiki tried at 6, I think he has the skillset and mentality to marshal that side into shape
I’ve said that as well that Taine should get a crack at 6. Has a good enough kicking game to play there and has the x-factor that we are missing from Mets. Can also take over goal kicking duties from Shaun.

I suspect that we wont see any changes unless injury forces our hands. Webster mentions defence is not working but never our attack. The same attacking issues were present against the Titans as they were versus the Dragons so looks like he wont be changing or refining anything there.

We look more dangerous in attack when we are chasing and move away from the non contesting high ball game theory.

All their tries came straight from our penalties and/or followed by brain explosions bar Fafita's barge over, I'm not even sure if that was off the back of a penalty as well?

They should learn to let loose with the attack and focus on the whole D, penalty and individual tackling/reads, the structure is there it's the dumb errors costing like 20-25 points per game

Might be a bit controversial but probably leave the same teams, maybe RTS to the wing for Montoya (although it’s not a drop him i just think RTS at centre is a bust) and Ali in, RTS is good enough defensively to cover Ali in a new combo. Other then that drill then for their stupid decision. The attack seems fine when we actually get it working we should be winning these games but the going from averaging 12 points conceded to like around 30 the last 3 weeks has been what’s killing us

For me, we need to risk it with no Egan cover. Only using a 2 or 3 man bench isn’t working. What’s the worst that can happen? We lose!!
Even having Taine to bring a bit of spark. Anything, just something with that 4th spot. Walker can cover hooker if needed. How good would Sironen be right now.

Using the past Bunty critique….. If Dallin didn’t have a cool haircut and theatrical finish’s. Everyone would hate him………

How important was Bunty aye? Not flash just a rock on defence, which is exactly what we need right now.

I was at the game and I was a little concerned about Laban. I thought he looked stuffed after 25min. Think he was hurt.

Zyon Maiu’u was pretty impressive. Impact, intensity, intent. Needs to be on the bench especially with all the injuries. He would have been handy last week.

Tohu is getting old.
Te Maire can kick for shit.
Montoya has run out of rope.
Rocco had an average game but has mostly been solid this season.

Goddamn, no one goes as hard or cares more the Charnze does.
Yeah Laban got hurt bro. Legs tackle.
When he first got up he couldn't weight bear properly but he tried to run it off.
However, as someone else posted in the game day thread, in the back field, even though he played on, he was limping at every step.

The leg never recovered, but he played on anyway and posted pretty decent minutes for a starting Greenhorn, I thought it was an interesting call by Webster and team to leave him out there longer, given his age and stage of his development.

Obviously it is a good sign that they had faith in him and that he has mental toughness about him and that drive to fight for his opportunity.

Before that happened he looked like a baby Marata for us, big things are coming for Jacob, you can see his talent coming through slowly every game he gets.

I think he looks promising enough to take a spot in the team.

At the moment Jacob is competing with Marata for his NRL Jersey (technically speaking we are talking about two organisms trying to fill the same niche in the food chain) they are both big, fast, tough, impact full back rowers.

Head to head at the moment, Jacob is on a hiding to nothing in that contest vs Marata, the latter being a star forward signing with a known fearsome reputation for lifting momentum in favor of his side.

But where Marata has the impact thing ahead of Jacob, I believe Jacob has the potential to narrow the gap in terms of being a physical presence with explosive power.

Yet being a realist about it, once Marata is available, there could be no place in the team for Jacob despite his promise.

Since none of us know Jacobs ceiling, perhaps I am overstating his arc here ....but I am dreaming of a Warriors pack with two Marata Niukore type players.

Putting comparison aside, perhaps there is something about the silky finesse side of young Jacobs game, subtlety of foot, slight of hand....little shuffles and dainty side stepping for a behemoth, the smooth passing on of the ball before he can be wrapped up....which may hint at a Marata comparison on my part, as not ambitious enough? Perhaps I do him a disservice.

I will be interested to see what Webster does from here with Jacob.

Ordinarily you see young age stage kids like Jacob, given time back in NSW cup no matter how well he performs, to protect him from too much too soon.

But Jacob makes this a little harder decision than some arbitrary career development pre planning model, because what I see, is a young guy who has gone out there and grown in confidence slowly and steadily, who is playing a stable type of career orientation into the NRL, not some overnight sensation at risk of a big fall.

Nor is he some Noob who went out there and had rocks and diamonds highs and lows....who then needs the grounding of a NSW cup interval to help him deal with the highs and lows.

I guess what I am saying is Jacob looks like fish in water the more time he gets the more competent he looks.

Back