Pick Your Team Roosters v Warriors - Round 10, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Has Pompey been playing quite a bit in the second row in Reggie's? I was thinking with how bland our second rowers are he might be a good bet on the fringe. Him and Laban would offer a point of difference which we really need.
I believe he only got through 30 odd minutes in one game

Has Pompey been playing quite a bit in the second row in Reggie's? I was thinking with how bland our second rowers are he might be a good bet on the fringe. Him and Laban would offer a point of difference which we really need.

Capewell and Ford offer next to nothing with ball in hand. Can't have them both playing big mins. We need more attacking threats so Ali in for Montoya who I think has run out of chances. Gotta try someone else at 6 too, I like the Taine idea.

1. CNK
2. DWZ
3. Berry
4. Ali
5. RTS
6. Taine
7. SJ

8. AFB
9. Egan
10. Bunty
11. Pompey
12. Laban
13. Tohu - playing 50 to 60 mins max

14. Walker
15. Barnett
16. Ale
17. Ford

Gotta shake things up a bit....this won't happen I'm almost sure, but hey it is pick your team not Webby's
I am similar but would like RTS to fb.
Wondering how Charnze would handle five eight or even the 13 jersey.
Just a thought

The D has improved but might be due to the weather
The attack was crap but it was wet
Ill discipline and individual errors for at least 1/4 of the game from the start was shocking
Bench held up a lot better with Walker and Bunty
Newcastle had no Ponga
Red zone attack seem to be useless after 20 minutes for most games, even if we scored a double within opening 10 minutes in some games. Teams warmed into our pattern midgame or we just didn't have decoy runners? Or SJ not training?

The most weird thing is it's not like we didn't get chances in the opposition 20m to ice the game and if we are clinical we'd put 12-18 points to put them away, problem was we were not clinical after 20 minutes in the red zone for a month.

Taking the 2 point kinda backfired as we couldn't beat the wind for the next 15-20 minutes stuck on our line, but should have had a lead with wind behind us in the 1st half, the wind is probably a 6-8 point advantage and we were behind in the 1st half.

Did RTS receive any passes in the redzone? Btw it was good SJ's kicking to him now, 2/2 getting the ball back.

If CHT wasn't injured I'd rest SJ but that can't happen because no one else except Tuaupiki has a decent punt.
On SJ, in the recruitment thread people were calling him a Top 3 Halfback but on 2024 form I can't accept that. Injury aside, can anyone actually put a case forward that he's outplayed either DCE, Hughes or Hynes when they've played this year?

Man if we lose the next 2 to make it 5 in a row and 6 winless streak, is NRL60 gonna start talking about Wahs freefall and serious heat on Webby? lol

Perhaps wing too? No point having someone outside him with his first instinct to tuck it under his arm
The only position he has excelled in has been fb.
He is a fantastic player but needs to be at the back.
CNK is a great fb also but needs to shift for the good of the team.
I am thinking 6 of even 13.
Would add a lot that Tohu is lacking

Just playing with the squad like a video game and see how it looks like

1 RTS.
2 DWZ
3 Pompey
4 Charnz
5 Ali
6 TMM
7 SJ
8 AFB
9 Egan
10 Barney
11 Laban
12 Ford
13 Tohu

Bench
Walker
Zyon Maiu’u
Bunty
Ale

I’ve seen some suggestions, CNK to 6 and I wouldn’t mind it. Charnze played a lot of 6 at Melbourne 20s.

And had a stint against Newcastle last year and looked alright.
So until Cht or metcalf gets back I’d be running with this backline.

Tuivasa-scheck
Graham-Taufa
Pompey/Leiataua
Leiataua/berry
Watene-zelezniak
Nicoll-Klokatad
Johnson

one way or another a lot of suggestions are calling for some sort of positional switch. I think this is a lot harder than many of us may appreciate. However, there have been signs that Tauapiki can play a role in the front line at 6, to add a variation to our attack, and he defends pretty well for a small guy too (out the back anyway, not sure if he is solid enough to hit and stick on a large second rower every second play, just haven't seen that).

Pride in the team and the planning that must go deep has me reeling at the idea we're nothing but a spare parts outfit, patching up deficiencies which are actually pretty hard to identify - what the fuck is up with these guys? is pretty much my only reaction at the moment.

CNK to 6 is an interesting one - even more interesting than RTS to 6

I want to see more punch in our second row too - not sure is the colloquially lackadaisical Pompey can provide that - he's fast over longer distances and has good lateral movement though

i'd be inclined to go:

RTS
DWZ
Pompey
Ali
CNK (He's too much of hard worker to leave out, knows how to number up, very similar player to Monts in a lot of ways when you think about it)
Tauapiki
SJ
AFB
Egan
Barnett
Laban
Ford
Tohu

Walker
Zyon Maiu’u
Bunty
Ale

Hard on Berry, who has progressed a lot, but last couple of games he looks like he's stretched and needs a break

Back