Pick Your Team Warriors v Dolphins - Round 12, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

mt.wellington

Contributor
Warriors v Dolphins - Round 12, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

Niukore_1120-getty.jpg

Here's your chance to select your dream team for the next rounds match so don your coaches cap on and lets hear it...

I’d play the same team until some of them get injured or needs rest, other than SJ, Egan, Roger and Marata, interesting discussion about how to play Taine, CNK, TMM, Roger

Some of the regular starters have to earn their way back again, including Capewell, Berry and Tohu, Webby’s the one with his job/performance on the line, can’t be Mr Nice Guy and return to a rot again

1. Taine
2. DWZ
3. Ali
4. Pompey
5. Monty
6. CNK
7. TMM
8. AFB
9. Roache
10. Afoa
11. Ford
12. Barney
13. Walker
14. Jazz
15. Ale
16. Laban
17. Zyon Maiu’u/Lussick/CHT

I know we shouldn’t change a winning side, but there’s still tweaks we can make to improve the side, we can’t have 1 kicking option a poor one at that so CHT to partner martin. And Charnze will do what he done today at left centre. Pompey was solid in his carries but was found out a couple times because of his lack of speed. Don’t want Harris and Capewell back in the team all in on the young boys

Tauapiki
Montoya
Nicoll-klokstad
Leiataua
Watene-zelezniak
Martin/ Right side
Harris-Tavita/ Left side
Fonua-Blake
Roache
Barnett
Laban
Ford
Walker

Jd. Auloa
Ale
Tevaga
Afoa

Last edited:
I know we shouldn’t change a winning side, but there’s still tweaks we can make to improve the side, we can’t have 1 kicking option a poor one at that so CHT to partner martin. And Charnze will do what he done today at left centre. Pompey was solid in his carries but was found out a couple times because of his lack of speed. Don’t want Harris and Capewell back in the team all in on the young boys

Tauapiki
Montoya
Nicoll-klokstad
Leiataua
Watene-zelezniak
Martin/ Right side
Harris-Tavita/ Left side
Fonua-Blake
Roache
Barnett
Laban
Ford
Walker

Jd. Auloa
Ale
Tevaga
Afoa
I agree with not changing a winning team but also agree we need a kicker and CHT has to be back.

But where does CNK go as Taupiki deserves to stay. I don’t know about CNK at centre. Tough choices coming up.

I'm not going to pick a team for this week, but I want to pick a team going forward.

1 C N Klokstad. He's still the fullback! That game at six was good but he's our fullback period!

2 D W Zelezniak. I feel a big back end of the season coming when the warriors get SJ back.

3 A Leiataua. I'm thinking Ali can be a better threat in the red zone than Berry and be a real target for SJ to hit. Sorts his D amd he's a beast! I'm dropping Berry.

4 A Pompey. Pompey did a great job last season and I think he's a better option right now to free up RTS.

5 R T Sheck. Montoya played well in a comeback game but RTS on the wing is the best for our team this season and going forward.

6 T M Martin. Will be better for the experience of leading while SJ is out. But the game plan should be to slit responsibilities more with SJ.

7 S Johnson. Take a little step back and let TMM help out and reserve yourself for the big moments.

8 A F Blake. Alpha!

9 W Egan. Our best rake but I don't want to see lussick play unless there are injuries. And Roache deserves a little more investment for me, his best game obviously but I thought his defense and passing was better than lussicks!

10 M Barnett. Needs to be back in the middle.

11 J Ford, I love this guy and I accept he will have some bad plays, but he's our best backrower.

12 J Laban. Next Gen amd growing in size and confidence! K capewell can fuck off!

13 T Harris. Love tohu but slight change of role. When Walker comes on its for tohu and not tohu to the front row. Another that can step back a bit.

14 C H Tavita. He will be the 14 going forward for me and that's his place in this team.

15 J Tavaga. Bald brother back!

16 M Niukore. Will add steal to the bench.

17 D Walker. Needs to play lock and lock only!

T Ale would be super unlucky to miss out on this team but I'd have him straight in there should Jazz and Niukore fall apart.

Bunty. Pure grunt backup.

Was good to see TMM stepping up, also those lame punts causing their wingers to scramble forward to get to the ball lol. We seem to have a lot of oomph with CNK defending up in the line

Maybe the team was too reliant on SJ or maybe he was too adamant for the ball that other playmakers didn’t back themselves. TMM showed he’s a better distributor thank CNK, who’s strength is tough running and D with a decent passing game

Maybe it’s the pack standing up, TBH this side probably ambushed Penrith who didn’t know what to expect lol

I'm not going to pick a team for this week, but I want to pick a team going forward.

1 C N Klokstad. He's still the fullback! That game at six was good but he's our fullback period!

2 D W Zelezniak. I feel a big back end of the season coming when the warriors get SJ back.

3 A Leiataua. I'm thinking Ali can be a better threat in the red zone than Berry and be a real target for SJ to hit. Sorts his D amd he's a beast! I'm dropping Berry.

4 A Pompey. Pompey did a great job last season and I think he's a better option right now to free up RTS.

5 R T Sheck. Montoya played well in a comeback game but RTS on the wing is the best for our team this season and going forward.

6 T M Martin. Will be better for the experience of leading while SJ is out. But the game plan should be to slit responsibilities more with SJ.

7 S Johnson. Take a little step back and let TMM help out and reserve yourself for the big moments.

8 A F Blake. Alpha!

9 W Egan. Our best rake but I don't want to see lussick play unless there are injuries. And Roache deserves a little more investment for me, his best game obviously but I thought his defense and passing was better than lussicks!

11 J Ford, I love this guy and I accept he will have some bad plays, but he's our best backrower.

12 J Laban. Next Gen amd growing in size and confidence! K capewell can fuck off!

13 T Harris. Love tohu but slight change of role. When Walker comes on its for tohu and not tohu to the front row. Another that can step back a bit.

14 C H Tavita. He will be the 14 going forward for me and that's his place in this team.

T Ale would be super unlucky to miss out on this team but I'd have him straight in there should Jazz and Niukore fall apart.

Bunty. Pure grunt backup.
Yes except for TMM and Harris. Retirement calls for those two

8 A F Blake. Alpha!

T Ale would be super unlucky to make this team but I'd have him straight in there should Jazz and Niukore fall apart.

Bunty. Pure grund backup.
Great team and you point out changes in tactics from Webby around Tohu, Walker, SJ, etc is just as important.

SJ’s uncontested bombs for Berry did my head in.

Just pure gossip but the way SJ runs the team could that be causing the lack of energy lately and AFB’s wife not happy about lack of recognition etc? Just going through the motion while individual tackling are not in sync this year. Might need him to share ideas and tactics with others and give a bit more freedom to “the system”

Just pure gossip but the way SJ runs the team could that be causing the lack of energy lately and AFB’s wife not happy about lack of recognition etc? Just going through the motion while individual tackling are not in sync this year. Might need him to share ideas and tactics with others and give a bit more freedom to “the system”
Why? When is SJ is on, we are on. Plus SJ isn’t the captain. The leader dictates the personality of the team.

Back