Pick Your Team Warriors v Dolphins - Round 12, 2024 PICK YOUR TEAM

The question I'm asking is the boys looked like they wanted to win , were hungry . Pompey was huge. Whys RTS holding his spot?
AFB less minutes. Dylan faster than tohu, I'm starting to agree with Frank Whites assessment of him....
I'm thinking when your seeing SJ blowing up at jacko etc. That's not making people want to play better , it's just shit...
That's my half baked theory anyway.

Can we talk about how good Pomps was? Strong damaging carries, and smart in space for his support - he was very good - needs to be in the side
Exactly. I can't believe anyone would pick a team next week without pomps ..he might not be the fastest but there was a reason why we win more games with him than not since start of last season ..he has great hands and reads the game pretty dam well with solid D

The question I'm asking is the boys looked like they wanted to win , were hungry . Pompey was huge. Whys RTS holding his spot?
AFB less minutes. Dylan faster than tohu, I'm starting to agree with Frank Whites assessment of him....
I'm thinking when your seeing SJ blowing up at jacko etc. That's not making people want to play better , it's just shit...
That's my half baked theory anyway.
Careful there hoss, critizing Johnson comes with a hit back from his ample excuse maker cult following.

SJ and his one dimensional game has clearly dug us into this hole this year.

Stacey Jones is my all time Warriors crush, watching Shaun this year has been flash back from hell of Staceys last season, stinking up the joint, a year too far.

I think we really ambushed them and pulled it off with CNK crushing at them all day and with Taine and Ali running in and Monty extra motivated after been dropped last week, TMM doing what he hasn’t done for years. The Panthers’ coaching staff probably wasn’t expecting this and didn’t have any formula to neutralize. We were blessed that the youngsters pulled it off with their confidence and no fear polocy.

SJ needs to do his thing when he’s back but he needs to let others do some razzle dazzle and him to manage and close out games. Imagine if you’re Ford playing an offloads game and drops the ball, they need to relax a bit and keep that in your face attitude and not playing at 90%, in tennis terms they were a bit tight, the shapes seem to be back as well, though fix the decoys again watched the highlights we had many body contact relying on bunker’s discretion

Careful there hoss, critizing Johnson comes with a hit back from his ample excuse maker cult following.

SJ and his one dimensional game has clearly dug us into this hole this year.

Stacey Jones is my all time Warriors crush, watching Shaun this year has been flash back from hell of Staceys last season, stinking up the joint, a year too far.
Im not an SJ apologist but even though he's been poor by his and required standards....if he moulds himself into the team and shelves any ego. He still has a place and value in this team.

Maybe put Roger at right centre when he’s back, Ali doesn’t seem to be able to play week in week out anyway, share the times, CNK or Taine can do the final loop plays or Roger can slice them when the D glides towards DWZ they’ve been doing this all year, or Roger at FB, lol, headaches

I think we really ambushed them and pulled it off with CNK crushing at them all day and with Taine and Ali running in and Monty extra motivated after been dropped last week, TMM doing what he hasn’t done for years. The Panthers’ coaching staff probably wasn’t expecting this and didn’t have any formula to neutralize. We were blessed that the youngsters pulled it off with their confidence and no fear polocy.

SJ needs to do his thing when he’s back but he needs to let others do some razzle dazzle and him to manage and close out games. Imagine if you’re Ford playing an offloads game and drops the ball, they need to relax a bit and keep that in your face attitude and not playing at 90%, in tennis terms they were a bit tight, the shapes seem to be back as well, though fix the decoys again watched the highlights we had many body contact relying on bunker’s discretion
Thinking TMM is more a 7 than a 6 watching that game

Forwards win games, Backs determine by how much. The Forwards were great, including the Bench and not reliant on AFB. There are now two NRL capable Hookers besides Egan. Ford going well and Laban is a comer, growing week to week. We have been cruelled with injury but who we thought are itreplaceable their replacements stood up. Hell of a selection problem but one any Coach wants.

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
The Dolphins have been playing well, but hell what a draw they have had to build their momentum:

Cows, Dragons, Bye, Titans, Tigers, Broncos, Eels, Knights, Cows, Manly, Tigers.

Still, a few sides there we didn't beat - before injury crisis

The Dolphins have been playing well, but hell what a draw they have had to build their momentum:

Cows, Dragons, Bye, Titans, Tigers, Broncos, Eels, Knights, Cows, Manly, Tigers.

Still, a few sides there we didn't beat - before injury crisis

I am happy they won today, less urgency for next week

As of right now assuming we have a fully fit squad, I go

1. Tuapiki
2.DWZ
3. Ali
4. Pompey
5. RTS
6. CNK
7. SJ
8. AFB
9. Roach
10. Bunty
11. Barnett
12. Laban
13. Tohu

14. Walker
15. Jazz
16. Ale
17. Capewell / Ford

18. CHT
19. Egan
20. Berry
21. TMM
22. Zyon Maiu’u
23. Lussick
24. Montoya

What depth

And Marata

They probably should look at some players playing hard for 3 weeks then rest eg Ford/Capewell share games, and Tohu the same and have 30-40min per game

Looking at players that made a difference and how they impacted our game:

- Ali provide so much more than Berry. No contest. Berry doesn’t score that try; we don’t win.
- Tuapiki provides speed and threats from the back and stretches and tests. CNK provide power, size and defence in the line where it’s crowded. This worked to each of their skill sets.
- Walker provided far more ballplaying, sped and athleticism than Tohu…
- Roche provided go forward to the forwards. Egan was doing this last year but not this year.
- Barnett provides more power and threat both sides of the ball than Capewell. Marata needs to be a second row threat not a middle.
- TMM, CNK and Walker provided more variation and tested the defence than SJ. More than that they drained the defence as they had to scramble more creating holes elsewhere. SJ needs to come back but used less.

Without those changes and the speed and x-factor they bought I don’t think we win.

It was good seeing us actually fatigue the Panthers and forced errors from our fast tempo.

Tookey 2.0

Contributor
Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.
This was a backs against the wall performance that was amazing, one of our best ever games imo.
But, we made top 4 forna reason last year and I think a lot of what we were trying to do this year still holds weight.

If we can have SJ back and doing what he does well, and the kick chase with Berry is used well (but not as our only weapon) there's still a place for it.

But I reckon that performance would have even surprised Webby, who now has a great reason to chose a few young guys in amongst the experienced heads.

I think CNK and TMM deserve another chance in the halves, and Roach deserves to start next week with CHT hopefully on the bench.

Agree with a lot that’s being written here. As someone who was growing increasingly frustrated with Te Maire, he needs to grow a pair set up his edge and over call Johnson sometimes. Egan doesn’t even look at him most of the time, the defence reads off that and shuts down our plays.

We need a hard line running second rower on one of the edges (preferably right for me). Luckily we actually already have some. Marata, Barnett, Laban even Ford. It opens up far more opportunities and frankly most of the better teams have at least one. No need to get cute with it, I’d go with Marata. Proven success.

Unfortunately, I agree with most that Tohu is getting old and frankly nearing his use by date. It’s a shame for this once truly great player. He’s still of use though.

I think some people are jumping the gun a little with Ali after 1 (2 overall) game. He’s played against old man Crocker and Alamonti. Funnily enough I believe he is the future and he’s got a couple of games to show his wears. Quite frankly half the people giving him shine will shit on him when he has a string of bad/average games.

I disagree with some about SJ, I still think he’s our best half but a fair margin. His halves partner need to over call him. Maybe a Charnze would be willing to do it and take the spray.

Pompey needs to be that left centre imo. With proven combinations and success Roger just needs to go elsewhere. I think we throw him on the right wing, where he started. Yes that means dropping Dallin.He’s got a cool haircut and theatrical finish. He doesn’t run any harder than Monty. As a matter of fact Monty gets us more penalties off his carries. It is what it is

Are we expecting much different in terms of team for this game? Who is coming back from injury or concussion this week? Lussick, CHT? I assume Egan will be out. Ali with an ankle concern but saw out the game. Everyone else seemed to be ok?

Are we expecting much different in terms of team for this game? Who is coming back from injury or concussion this week? Lussick, CHT? I assume Egan will be out. Ali with an ankle concern but saw out the game. Everyone else seemed to be ok?
That's probably right, as most people said, just switch cht for roache as it is a bit unrealistic to expect roache to see out 80. Lussick to nsw.

Back